Favorite Music Group From The 70's

by megaflower 41 Replies latest jw friends

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Pink Floyd Black Sabbath Bob Marley and the Wailers Steve Miller Band

• Farkel
    Farkel

If you can remember the early 70's you weren't "wordly" enough!

Carole King, Blood Sweat and Tears, Rick Wakeman, Chick Correa, Credence Clearwater Revival, The Carpenters, Santana, Arthur Rubenstein, Vladimir Horowitz, Rudolf Serkin, Swingle Singers, Glenn Gould, Martha Argerich.

Farkel

• oompa
    oompa

Mega...you will be soooo jealous.......i got to see fleetwood mac OPEN for the eagles!!!....i think it was 74-75 at the Greensboro coliseum....i may have some pictures still.......

but i also liked Bachman Turner Overdrive, Deep Purple, Supertramp, and Heart....and of course Zep....oh and lynard skynard and marshal tucker

Cat Stephens and Croce too.......and also the Ohio Players and my fave disco song/girl of all time Anita Ward (you can ring my bell)

dammmm i wish i could go back in time......

• Homerovah the Almighty
  • restrangled
    restrangled

Always AEROSMITH!!!! Years later my favorite song came out by them. Switch the word Daddy to Elders .....you got a real theme song for an x JW! I wasn't physically abused by elders, but mentally at aged 15/16. This song tells it all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv1N6TVCnLs

• recovering
    recovering

Pink Floyd, saw them live . Genesis, Boston ,Steely Dan

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

What, no love for ABBA? ;)

• restrangled
    restrangled

Farkel mentioned Chick Corea, there was also Dee Dee Bridgewater, Normon Conners, Brand X, George Benson, Pharoh....the list could go on and on! If you want to hear some of this stuff, I've got it.

r.

• donny
    donny

BTo, Queen, Styx, Steely Dan, Dire Straits, Starz, The Eagles, ZZ Top, Bob Seger, Ted Nugent, Rush, Triumph, April Wine, Balck Sabbeth, Led Zeppelin, Stev Miller, Jim Croce, Henry Gross, Earth Wind & Fire, Angel, Lynyrd Synyrd, The Outlaws, Blondie, The Cars, Cheap Trick, Dr. Feelgood, ELO, Tom Petty, Jimmy Buffet, Santana, Fleetwood Mac.

In 1977, just after I turned 18, I got backstage tickets to Fleetwood Mac through the company I was working for and I was so excited when I was led to the back area where I would be sitting. The sound sucked because you were behind the stage and only hearing it in an unbalanced manner. But what shocked me was when Stevie Nicks was on stage singing "Dreams", I noticed a guy pouring something on a table and dividing it into lines. I was only 18 and had no idea what he was doing, but just after the song "Dreams" was over, Stevie came back and reached under her huge mane of hair and pulled out a straw and went to the table and snorted one of the lines. I then looked a man near me and asked "Is that cocaine?"

The guy replied in the affirmative and asked me if I would like some and I politely said "No sir."

Don

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    leavingWT,
    A few years ago a DVD called "Have you Heard Jim Croce Live" came out, a compilation of live performances. I highly recommend it.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=5783535

Neverendingjourney!

Why, thank you! I'll be sure to check that out.

-LWT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit