See them everywhere

by callitquits76 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, callitquits.

Yes, anger. Yes, yes, yes. They took over thirty years of my and my husband's lives. I'd like them all back. I am fifty seven years old. Some years back I wanted to go back to college but my then elder husband pointed out that the example that I would set would not be good for the congregation. He was sincere.....so now we both toil, have no retirement to speak of, and must work till we drop.

At least we are out now, and Sat. and Sun. are no longer days to rush around getting everything done.

If they come to our door we don't answer.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I bought an avalanche and started seeing them everywhere.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

I think it is very common to feel anger after the JW experience. As was mentioned by previous posters, we have been lied to, used and abused. Anger is a natural reaction to such treatment.

I hope you find this site to be a healing place. I have. I also recommend counseling to anyone who has a hard time getting past it.

Best wishes to you.

• steve2
    steve2

"those who anger you, still control you"

I detest these judgmental, self-righteous sayings that speak so negatively about a perfectly normal human emotion:

Let's hear it for anger which is one of the few emotions that serves to protect the individual. Anger energises and motivates the individual to take appropriate action; anger reminds you that you've been unfairly treated and that you do matter. Face up to your anger, own and accept it. Don't squash it down - that's what society wants you to do. And, equally, find a healthy way to express it.

• callitquits76
    callitquits76

Hi again, and thank you all for helping me to feel like I am not alone in my anger. Yet again, I saw them today, in EXACTLY the same place - you have to ask, would Jesus visit the same old tired EASY territory over and over? You know the kind, a few nice words to the Church of England mid-80's group about the early spring arrival of the daffodils in their front garden - sun shining, no bother. Those bastards would never visit the Bronx.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just wait until you are expecting something from UPS or FedEx. They often pull the crap of trailing behind these deliveries, and when you come out to pick up the package, they will barge in and will not leave until you have agreed to get ready (under their eyes) for field circus, and you will be headed to the Kingdumb Hell. Or, they will leave you their littera-trash and make you study it (and half the time, throw away whatever you ordered).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit