Just want to say thanks to all of the fair, thought-provoking, and balanced posters here--this board has been a huge help to me....

by Alpaca 37 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I just wonder what it would take to drive BeksBeks away. I've tried EVERYTHING.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Well you've certainly driven me from my favorite threads.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    I just wonder what it would take to drive BeksBeks away. I've tried EVERYTHING.

LOL!

Warlock

• yknot
    yknot

When the negativity is out of your system please come back.......

Until then you will be missed.

Yknot

• compound complex
  • Alpaca
    Alpaca

Thank you Gregor and John Doe for accepting my apologies. This has been a useful dialogue. All of the comments on this thread are appreciated.

Maybe others can benefit from this experience and keep things cool on the board.

Now, I really feel like coming back after a break...so you will see me here again at some point down the road.

The only poster who did not weigh in here after the apologies and acceptances was cameo, so I hope she sees the rest of the dialogue at some point.

All the best to everyone 'til I get back...and thanks again. I think the thread is about spent.

Alex

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Awww Beks!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

The only poster who did not weigh in here after the apologies and acceptances was cameo

I am here, Alpaca.

Misunderstandings are useful when they cause us to have introspection.

We learn something about ourselves through this process and it helps us to polish the rough edges in the future.

When understanding is eventually gained through reflection and dialogue, that is one way we mature.

Alpaca, no matter how disgusted we all are with WT lies, there is something in all of us that still longs for a Paradise.

We wish for a perfect world where there are no strangers and everyone is your friend.

In a world like that, "couch surfing" would be a great way to meet new people and see the world.

I think that with ex-dubs that hypnotism of idealism can leave a haze and cloud your judgement sometimes.

You want so much to do your part to make that world come true, but being naive will only prove to be dangerous.

There are evil people out there who prey on good hearted trusting people.

Religious leaders have done it for years and laughed all the way to the bank.

But there are others who may harm you in other ways.

In this world you can never let your guard down with strangers.

Be kind to them, yes. But trust must be earned.

I am glad that you brought up the original subject because I think it reflects how subliminally strong some of these concepts are and how they still shape ex-dubs even after leaving all the other lies behind.

Hope to see you around again soon.

Cameo-d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit