Just want to say thanks to all of the fair, thought-provoking, and balanced posters here--this board has been a huge help to me....

by Alpaca 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

....but there are a few who insist on just being plain nasty for no reason.

So, I am leaving for a while to concentrate on other stuff that I need to do. Right now, it is a degree of negativity that I just don't need in my life. If you cannot post about even a benign subject without getting vicious comments it is time for a break. I might be back...I might not.

In any event, thanks to all of you who have posted your thought provoking comments and observations.

• ninja
    ninja

alpy.....I for one will miss you being here.....why leave for a few bad un's?....reconsider....if not .........stay in touch...yer mate...da ninja.....remember anytime in scotland.....we'll go for a drink

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Thanks Ninj

I think I have your outside e-mail address but just in case send me a PM with it. I will definitely try to see you next time I am in Europe.

• recovering
    recovering

I for one have enjoyed your posts. I am asking you to please not let a few bad apples chase you aay

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Alpaca, I haven't seen where this happened to you but am still sorry that it did. I've enjoyed your comments but understand the need for a break.

best wishes

ql

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

I just wanted to say THANKS in return for all your fair, thought-provoking and balanced posts which I thoroughly enjoyed reading. It was so nice seeing you posting again after your last hiatus! I, for one, am sad to lose your insights. Here's hoping this is just a temporary situation! All the best in the meantime in all your endeavours.

Although I haven't made it to Chatauqua yet, I am hoping to get there some day. The place sounded awesome as you described it and I sent away for the brochures but not sure when a trip there will transpire. Just know that your contribution has been greatly valued by, dare I say it, most on this board...thanks again!

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Alpaca I've read your profile and we have many things in common. Have you ever considered that being nasty for no reason may be an expression of hurt bitterness anger or even jealously.There are many roads to complete recovery from this abusive religion. Some lash out at others like wounded animals We can cut the WT tree down yet the roots are still there. You want to leave have a rest I respect that I found it necessary at times to free my mind to think about something anything but these poisonous roots tugging at my heart and mind. That's your choice. But you also have another choice when it comes to being affected by negative nasty people. I say this in all humility for I know I am on very slippery ground offering advice when it has not been sought. Alpaca you don't have to let them ruin your day,chase you away and stop you from enjoying all the positive experiences you have had on this board. You have a choice. Hope to get to know you one day. All the Best Bob

• minimus
    minimus

It's too bad that some of our posters are unnecessarily unkind.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• undercover
    undercover

We're all at different levels of recovering from having been a JW. Some walk away easier than others. Some are more hurt than others. Some are more bitter and angry.

While I don't deny anyone the right to be bitter and angry, I think how it is expressed sometimes detracts from the real issues that we are trying to express and share with others.

But there are enough good thoughts and excellent posts and research material to overcome the negative aspects that occur from time to time. At least for me.

I wish you well on your journey...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit