Did you convert to become a JW?

by sacolton 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I give up, why??

• sacolton
    sacolton

Well, I thought it was harmless. Just another Christian religion, right? No big deal. I guess I converted because my girlfriend (current wife) and her whole family were JWs. I actually had to be baptised before her and I could officially date each other.

Yes, I'd do anything for love ... and I will convert.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

OK, thanks that's interesting. Did you become very involved? How long were you in? Did you ever totally believe their teachings?

• megaflower
    megaflower

Raised catholic, at 23 father died, 3 days later grandma died, 3 days later mother died. I was an emotional wreck as well as my husband. Also, had a baby 6 months earlier so I had a full plate. We where vulnerable when the JW's came knocking on our door a few months after all those deaths.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I began the Knowledge Book in 1998. Baptised July 1999. Married in 2001. Never believe most of the teachings. When they would include themselves in prophecies and scriptures - I would sit there and roll my eyes. Ten years of it and finally submitted my letter of Disassociation after doing my homework.

• yknot
    yknot

So what made yall convert?

What was the drawl..... doctrinally (or interpretationally) speaking.

End of world, Arianism, paradise earth, no hell, colorful magazine with happy overly dressed people??????

• yknot
    yknot

Interesting Colton!

I wonder how high a percentage is because of romantic relations........

I know it is quite common....

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    When they would include themselves in prophecies and scriptures - I would sit there and roll my eyes.

That's one thing that bothered me right from day one. How could they keep a straight face while saying their conventions in the early part of the 20th century were fulfilling bible prophecy? Rutherford's imprisonment was a fulfillment of scripture too? Excuse me while I gag.

colorful magazine with happy overly dressed people??????

Women who hike on mountain trails wearing flowery dresses are SO HOT!!!

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit