My wife was invited to the Memorial

by Big Tex 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• minimus
    minimus

Nina should go and enjoy the feast.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    This year, as was the case over the past couple of years, the Witnesses have a quota of around 50 Memorial invitation tracts each to distribute.

Really? I didn't know they were into quotas nowadays.

I wonder how they police that. Probably the same way they do field service time, magazines placed and so on.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

I would have ask if that's what believe ( about being stumbled) if the answer was was to the affirmative my reply would have been sobeit the mill stone is around the necks of those that stumbled me, Good day.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I would have invited them to my "Memorial," which I'm calling "In Memory of the Memorial." Wine and bread for everyone!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I read the letter in the link provided, Holy Smoke! I can't beleive its the same everywhere. A dear faithful friend of mine with a bad heart was desperate for a shepherding call. When they came they told him he couldn't have the meetings on the phone any more, he had to come to the hall. Why? Because if his heart was too weak to come to the meetings how could he shop in town on his rascal chair thing? They made no arrangements to get him to the meetings they just told him to have stronger faith. The doctor told him to avoid stress and going to the meetings was a major cause because of the logistics. (He was older and coudn't drive) The morning of the first meeting he would have been cut off from he died of a heart attack. Bastards. W.Once

• Satanus
    Satanus

I believe it was nathanaatas who conjured up this as a reply to the memorial invite: 'no thanks, i can reject jesus from the comfort of my couch'.

S

• Watkins
    Watkins

They're hot and heavy with it this year particularly, I think. Have already had 2 invites to sit solemnly and "reject Jesus" as the wine and toast are passed by. Nope, can't do it - and haven't done it for 8 years now - what are they thinking?

Here the CO's visit closely preceeds the Memorial service, so that's why I think they're frantic to fill seats - it'd look 'real good' on his report wouldn't it?

Had 2 elders visit just last night to tell me all the new and exciting - and fun! - things going on at the KH these days. New elders - never met before(all the elders there when I was active are no longer elders and I wonder what that's about, but don't really care enough to dig for the gossip) - but they "wanted to meet me" - a sister who's been absent from the meetings for 8 years! I invited them back to discuss being 'born again' and why I couldn't possibly sit in on their no-love anti-Christ non-feast.

Watkins

ps - I also burn their literature - and confiscate it in every doctor's waiting room I visit regularly - it's dangerous!

• Quentin
    Quentin

Knowing something about yours and Nina's backstory I can't believe they had the_____________ to drop by...sigh, those brain dead morons have no social grace and know no boundries....good both of you keep your cool, know that was a hard thing to do....take care...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That sure was a nice waste of time, and maybe paper.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Wasa, I'm sorry to hear that. Never ceases to amaze me how cruel people can be.

Watkins, I guess that's it -- some sort of quota. It's the only thing I can figure, well that and they probably did come to see someone else, they weren't home and bombed us instead. Just weird and a little creepy for people you haven't seen or heard from in over a decade to do that.

I don't think they minded wasting time. They could count it, and the RVs and feel self-righteous all at once. That's a JW trifecta.

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit