Using the bible, can you show proof of the date 1914?

by Quirky1 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Homerovah the Almighty
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Quirky..Just find the year 1914 in the Bible.....Problem solved!.....LOL!!

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

What Joseph said - there is nothing to 'prove'. The JWs have zero clue how they arrive at 1914.

• steve2
    steve2

A very good question to ask your average JW is, "Show me from the Bible how you've come up with the date 1914?"

Even when I was in the organization a few decades ago, I was amazed at how few, if any, local JWs could explain this doctrinal hop-scotch from the Bible itself. I'd guess the level of ability to explain this doctrine is even lower today, given the scarcity of solid Bible study.

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

Your question: Using the bible, can you show proof of the date 1914?

My answer: Using the bible, you can crush the date 1914.

It is a sin and misstake to try to calculate the timepoint of God's Kingdom's establishment, as well as to predict the time point of the battle of Armageddon.

The apostles asked Jesus: "Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?" 7 He said to them: "It does not belong to you to get knowledge of times and seasons which the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction; -Acts 1:6,7

Apostle Paul reaffirmed the principle in 1 Thessalonians 5:1: Now as for times and seasons, brothers, you need nothing to be written to you.

But a witness would point to the coincidence of the First World War in 1914. But the simple coincidence in calculating the year 1914 is a result of their disobedience. Satan then lead the nations to go to war that year, in order to make the Watchtower society believe that they did not sin in guessing about times ad seasons. Watchtower-society had just got rid of many false teachings and understood the Bible surely in the best way compared to other societies. So of course Satan had to try to deceive them in some way. And it has worked until now.

• PanzerZauberei
    PanzerZauberei

I have some scans from the Harp of God showing their original 1874 Christ's presence. And one from the Way To Paradise showing their 1925 Resurrection lie. Here is my slideshow on false Prophesies from the Watch Dollar Society. (It's a work in progress.)

http://s429.photobucket.com/albums/qq19/Watchtower_Facts/?action=view¤t=255c2aec.pbw

• sacolton
    sacolton

You know, since Jesus created ALL THINGS ... isn't it cool to think He created the dinosaurs? That's awesome!

• Anator
    Anator

In JW doctrine, and is the result of using 607 B.C as an "anchor date", using the book of Daniel, Chapter 4, as proof.

This is based upon the following, simple reasoning:

7 "times" doesn't mean "7 times". It means "7 years".

But,"7 years" doesn't really mean 7 "years", either. It means "7 years of days".

But, the "days" in "years of days" doesn't really mean "years of days, in which the days actually mean "days", but means "years of days, in which the "days" actually mean "years".

Therefore, it is easy for even a fool to see that "7 times" REALLY means "7 years" but which really means "7 years of days", but which then really means "7 years of days which aren't really days, but years", or simply stated "7 years of days of which days are really years". To put it even so a child can understand it, it means that the "times" aren't "times" at all, but are "years", which aren't "years" at all, but are "years of days", which aren't "days" at all, but are "years" AFTER all, even though they were originally CALLED "times"!

Got all that? There's more.

Strangely, however, for all of this to work, this fulfillment, based upon an ANCIENT text, still requires the use of the ANCIENT calendar for the MODERN fulfillment to work out to 1914. Therefore, ancient text + ancient calendar = modern date in modern calendar.

When doing your calculations, don't forget that there is no "zero year" from B.C to A.D. C.T. Russell forgot that and was quite embarrassed about it. The official WTBS explanation in later, revised, editions of his books was that "the battery was very low in his calculator at that time" and he wasn't aware of it until after the material was printed.

Lastly, the book of Daniel was prophesied to remain "sealed" until the "last days", which, as we know, began in 1914, according to the simple reasoning just presented. So, Russell had to figure out a way to, somehow "unseal" Daniel before it was prophesied that Daniel WOULD be "unsealed" so he could then put forth a prophecy which pointed to exactly when Daniel WAS to be "unsealed", namely at the start of the "last days", in 1914. Russell, therefore, successfully used a "sealed" book to calculate the exact date it was to be "unsealed", which at that time it was officially, "unsealed", but Russell "unsealed" it before that, because he wanted to know beforehand when it WOULD be "unsealed", because only THEN would he know when the "last days" were to start, which was, of course, when Daniel actually WAS to be "unsealed". Got all that?

I apologize to the reader for using so many words, but, this stuff is so, well, "DEEP"!

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

@anator.

Did you also know that the date 607 B.C. ( the destroy of Jerusalem) is incorrect? Everybody knows it, but the JW's just denie it.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I just want to prove to my wife that it cannot be done.

Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit