Using the bible, can you show proof of the date 1914?

by Quirky1 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Well? I need proof...

• I quit!
    I quit!

Sorry, I don't remember all of the Bible hopscotch needed to come up with that date.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I tried and could not. I tried to prove most of the crap I was taught my whole life using just the bible and came up short.

Here are a few other items that I could not prove:

Birthdays are bad

Babylon the Great is the first to be destroyed during the GT.

If you read Matt 24 unfiltered you will find that the wt is just silly. Why is jesus present, and yet at the end of the presence he "comes?"

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I need proof that it cannot be determined.

• Gladring
    Gladring

It is impossible to prove any date from the bible alone. The bible uses relative dating, ie. in the tenth year of the king in the third month...

To provide an absolute date, you must rely on archaeology and other secular sources.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Quirky1,

Are you looking for proof that Jesus showed up or that its a pivotal year based on the fall of Jerusalem? Either way, I'm very interested to see the responses.

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

I need proof that it cannot be determined.

Quirky,

No you don't. This responsibility is not yours. Otherwise you will be preoccupied with chasing false leads that never should have been offered as Biblical truths n the first place. Where is the evidence that the prophecy they used can be re-used twice? They must offer the proof and specific evidence how that particular verse can be used that way. Assumptions are worthless. Just saying it does not work. The fact that history disproves their theory is more than enough to refute their assumptions. Their own WT article from the 1950's gives examples where others have tried and failed. The fact that they changed the numbers from one date in the 1800's to another in the 1900's is proof enough to refute their assumptions. Where is the proof that a day for a year applies to a specific text already fulfilled that supported Daniels position as a true prophet can be reopened and used again by an organization or person that is not a true prophet? Nowhere! It does not matter if they can produce similar such words like a banded tree stump from somewhere else. Such texts have their own meaning and application and apply to an different era. Did our Lord teach such a thing? No! Can they prove that the Gentile times are 1260 years long? No! But you can prove that the Gentile times are much longer than that going back to the creation in fact, the beginning of the human race. Will they listen to you? No. The Gentile times in Luke and written for Gentile readers are identical to the Appointed times of the Nations in Matt written for Jewish readers and mean just what they say. Ever since there was a Nation, ever since there were Gentiles here on earth, we can count the time for them or discuss the time when they end. It is in the Gospels at Matt chapter 24 and Mark 13 but no one sees this. And they want to harp on such obscure unrelated texts to keep you away from learning that you belong to Christ, that you should partake of the bread and wine. That you do not get salvation through an organization or people that cannot raise the dead or cure the sick and who constantly make errors damaging and destructive ones in fact in their literature. They do not want you to learn that you should stand on your own two feet and be that disciple our Lord is calling out from this earth.

Joseph

• I quit!
    I quit!

Didn't Jesus say: "Do this till I come"? If he came in 1914 why do they still have their memorial? The more you make things up the more you get caught in your lies.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

JWs make the claim. The burdon of proof is on them. See if they can do it without jumping around using bible texts written hundreds of years apart, citing "major" and "minor" fulfillments, and ignoring provable secular history. Anyone can take selected bible texts out of context and use it to back up anything they like.

With a minimum of effort, I could probably use the bible out of context to "prove" that my Umbrella Cockatoo is actually the Holy Spirit that descended to Jesus when he was baptized in the Jordan River.

W

• garybuss
    garybuss

Using the Bible, I can show "proof" of anything. Here's the recipe: Add a bushel of fiction to two pounds of gullibility, then add eight ounces of trust to a pound of faith, stir, then half bake in a hollow vessel (a true believer's head works well).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit