Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 03-15-09 WT Study (DISCIPLE)

by blondie 15 Replies latest jw friends

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Good points passwordprotected.

What if many in your territory are apathetic about religion?

Correction, many are apathetic about JW's.

Many people have been spiritually injured--skinned and thrown about by false shepherds. (Matt. 9: 36)

Yes many JW's have been spiritually injured.

35 Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. 36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.

Why don't JW's follow Jesus's example?

I wonder which publication Jesus had the most success with?

Stupid cult.

Thanks for the write up blondie.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    In fact, in 2007, hard-working, happy publishers conducted an average of six and a half million Bible studies each month!

That figure surprised me. I was used to it being around half a study per publisher, on average. I looked at the chart for 2008 on the WT website and the figure that year is 7,133,760.

As has been said , an awful lot are Witness children. It is clear that the "interest" is in Africa and undeveloped countries. Europe and N America are still about a half a study each publisher.

What does that indicate? I leave that to others to comment on, but a lot of people down there do not yet have the Inter net or the same level of education.

Counting studies was a contentious issue too. If a publisher was mercenary about it they could count a study the third time they called back on someone but most waited until the got inside and has a study book out...There is more awareness nowadays of studying with and counting the study with a child, too .

I am sure the dubs would say that we are just trying to talk down the increase ?? Let us see what the future holds in increased numbers - or not..

This article is pure sales training, the sort of stuff my employer has introduced to "Customer Service" - I dislike that and feel resistance to this article too. It would not have been printed when the study WT was offered to the public.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@bluesbrother - there are more kids in the Org than at any point in their short history. Each family with kids counts a study. I'm sure it's this that's boosting the overall number of studies.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Blondie - Great job.

BluesBrother- When comes to counting studies, remember that CO's and their wives count studies differently than regular publishers.

Also, it depends on the region and congregation, not everyone uses the third visit rule. Honestly I didn't. If I visited you and you talk with me on a regular basis and we talked about a specific topic from the bible or even if we did one paragraph in a tract, brochure or book at a time...you were a bible study. Even if I only caught you once a month, you were a study that I conducted once a month. So if you asked me how many studies did I have I would respond "I have 8 studies but only 2 are regular".

The JW numbers are all over a place especially now that the publishers don't have to turn in bible study slips anymore.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Blondie..The only interesting thing about that article,are your comments..Everything else falls flat..LOL!....Thanks for the entertainment!

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Blondie, Good Job! And good comments by all. Sorry I'm late to the party.

As already mentioned, this is just a painfully long Service Meeting whipping. It's a lot of verbage without addressing the real issue. As if "finding joy in the disciple-making work" only requires "do more", "try harder". The real issue is simply that "householders" aren't interested in joining a cult. "Bible Studies" are really just repeating by rote what is in the latest re-re-revised Watchtower Corporation "study edition" litteratrash.

Watchtower Corp. realizes their future isn't rosy. Their financial future isn't as bright as it used to be. With the cutting of Bethel workers, moral is suffering. Their previous prophecies of what the "near future" held, have been proven wrong. They've had to revise teachings, which are still not clearly understood by the R&F. What do they do? Distract everyone with more work. Advertise, advertise, advertise. But, whipping the salesmen won't fix Watchtower.

How successful was this Botchtower lesson? Locally, the meeting for field service is about 15 minutes after the closing prayer. How many showed up to "find joy in the disciple-making work"? Zero, nada, zilch. Nobody, not even the pio-sneers, went out after that "motivating" lesson.

Yeah, nice job there Writing Department. Looks like you're running on empty.

B the X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit