G'day All...

by tympan 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• south african beef
    south african beef

Hi and welcome.

I don't post much on this board anymore, but I do dip in and out to read anything interesting.

Your story really touched me - my parents and brother have not talked to me for the seven years since I was disfellowshipped. The emtional blackmail does hurt every day as you say, but it now does not bother me so much.

The fact that my parents are now quite old and may well need my help soon due to health problems etc does worry me but other than that I am very very happy.

Your rise, fall and rise again is more dramatic than most, but I am delighted to read of the steps you took to overcome the dark days and how happy you are now.

Thanks for sharing the story - it will be an inspiration to others that no matter what happens, there is a very bright light at the end of the tunnel.

SAB

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I really enjoyed your story. So sorry about your family, but happy for you that you rebuilt your life. No one really "gets it" unless they have lived it, everyone here gets it. Welcome.

• outbackaussie
    outbackaussie

The late 80's must have been crunch time for lots of us Aussies. Glad to hear you have managed to overcome the damage done to you by the organisation and have found new joys to relish in life. Where abouts out west did you go?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Tympan,

Your family is bigger than you realize.

Glad you found your way here.

Welcome home.

Cameo-d

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

g'day Tympan,

We probably know some of the same people.

Thanks for your story. Welcome to JWD.

unclebruce

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome and thanks for sharing your heartfelt story.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Welcome, and thanks for telling your story. While it's unique to you, it is also our common heritage as former JWs.

Hope being here is helpful for you. At least you will know you are not alone.

• tympan
    tympan

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and the warm welcome.

Purps: regarding my name - it's just a name I made up, nothing special as far as I know.

• PEC
    PEC

Philip

• donny
    donny

Thanks for posting your story Tympan. You left around the same time I did (1992) and I can identify with what you went through. Welcome to the board and don't be a stranger.

Don

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit