Exciting News!!!!! Helping Step by Step

by coffee_black 29 Replies latest jw friends

• cawshun
    cawshun

coffee-black,

What a noble cause and what a heart felt thing for your grand-son to do. I only hope he is not doing this alone and that he is aware of all the danger's around today.

Just make sure he is going about this in a very safe way.

My hat's off to him, remarkable!

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

My daughter is taking a leave of absense to follow behind him in the car...just in case. There will be others who walk part way with him... Eventually I'll post the stopping points and time frames so that anyone along the way who wants to come out and say hi... I'm sure he'll appreciate the encouragement... I'll be with him part way too...

Coffee

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

That's absolutely amazing and very inspiring. I hope he has a huge amount of success in helping homeless children through this. JW teenagers could sure take a leaf out of his book.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

bumping...

I noticed something funny... On David's bio page, in the closeup shot... I'm in the background... just my legs... I was wondering who that was in the background and looked closer and realized it was me. Made me laugh..

Coffee

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Coffee_

CoCo

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

What a nice guy! Better then door knocking and wasting time like I me.

• Satanus
    Satanus

That's so wonderful. It's people like him that grow up to be presidents and founders of big companies (as opposed to hangers on that live off of and use those companies to exploit others). What would be neat is a website that shows a map w each stop he makes and describes those places. Hope he gets to meet pres obama, and get a medal, or something. Good that someone is following and looking out for him. Some of those places aren't very safe.

S

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Satanus,

the website has a map with tags to his stops at shelters along the way. More information on each stop will be added to the website. The website is not yet complete. I have that information...and will ask him if it's ok to post it here... The Coalition for the Homeless is contacting each of the shelters so they will be ready for this... So far there are 22 shelters on his route. More may be added if we can locate more..

He is a real go-getter. He has not had it easy. His mom (my daughter) is a hard working single mom, who just went through a horrific divorce. She gets no child support from his father... You are right...David will make his mark.

Coffee

• Satanus
    Satanus

I just went there, and had a look. Nice to see his walk on a map, like that. Keep us updated, as his walk unfolds, this summer. Does your daughter have one of those cheap, little videocameras? They would be great for taping some of his conversations along the way.

S

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

She actually has a friend who will help her with this. There will be a video soon either on youtube or on the website. The trip will be taped... possibly some of his talks with homeless children... He will also write about the experience... There is a lot in the works.

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit