Hi from wary

by wary 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Emma
    Emma

I was in my mid-40s when I left and nearly 50 when I realized I was never going back. I was angry, too, that I'd given my youth to the lie (and stayed in a horrible marriage because of it). But I soon was grateful that I'd finally figured it out and began taking good care of myself so I could stay healthy and enjoy my life, hopefully into old age. I have no plans to slow down and am enjoying the freedom!

Welcome to the board and congratulations for figuring things out on your own!

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Welcome wary.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome Wary!!

• PEC
    PEC

Philip

• wary
    wary

Yeah thanks guys, I will get a handle on it.

So the PO comes to see me and talks round the houses trying to find out what my problem is.

So I tell him "look its something I have to sort out for myself and I dont wont to destroy your faith and make You start questioning so Id rather not tell you"

He already knew cos the first elder went to his house the second he left mine and told him about [what I thought was A private conversation between Mates,] my issues.

So he proceeds to tell me a story of a Brother he knows who was always very studious and knowledgable about all prophecies and the details of our beliefs.

Well the guy suddendly stopped attending meetings last year, dont know why but the PO seemed pretty upset about it as he was an old friend.

So he says " I said to him, but John, Where will you go now on Sunday afternoons,! and really Wary where else will you go?"

Not really a good enough reason to allow your kids to die is it. I felt like saying down the flaming Pub.

And that was my encouagment to stay.

Youd think his studious old friend leaving would be enough to make him wonder about why after all these years of faithfull sevice, he just gave it all up!

Where else will you go? I can think of a million things I would rather be doing. Ive been thinking about it for the last forty years while sitting in the flippin Hall on another boring Sunday afternoon.

Weary wary.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, wary.

Sorry I didn't see your first post sooner.

You have one good thing, at least you are still in your forties. My hubbie and I fell for the 1975 thing, and came in in 1973. I am in college now at fifty-seven; just part time as I must work full time. And ditto on the hobbies. I love art, but had little time to paint with all the meetings and service, plus being discouraged from having hobbies by the WTS literature, and now with full time work with no end in sight (never saved for retirement), have little time to paint.

You can do whatever you want now. Not too late to develop some interesting hobbies, or go to school. You can do it!!!

Also, garybuss, if you see this, what you said is so hilarious-I gave them 10 questions and they could not answer even one. Nine years later I called one of em up to see how they were doing on my 10 questions and they still had no answers.

• wobble
    wobble

Welcome Wary! good advice above,even fromWelsh Thom! I think the anger subsides a little each day,but I don't want to get rid of mine completely,I am a naturally nice guy(and damned modest) so would let Dubs get away with their Bullsh*t if the anger wasn't there to a degree.

Keep us posted as to your progress,and the archive on this site really is a treasure! And Farkel knows a lot more than his name suggests!

Love

Wobble

• hubert
    hubert

Welcome to the board, Wary.

You said your wife is starting to see the hypocrisy? Then have her do a search on "Organ Transplants" on the Watchtower cd library, and look under W67 and W80 for one of the biggest hypocritical decisions ever announced by the WTS.

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit