Hi from wary

by wary 27 Replies latest jw friends

• wary
    wary

Hello to all,

Nice to be part of the board at last. Been reading here for around eight months. Very warily at first, but now my mind is out of the Org.

I was raised in it and never would have dreamed at looking at internet sites for fear of being misled. Well I have been. Not because of the crazy stuff you find on the net, but the genuine concerns and wrongs that have been commited.

I have been on the net for ten years and was afraid to even look at a page after the official websites. Until I faced major surgery and decided it was time to brush up on my blood beleifs to let the doctors know my stand.

I reasearch everything on the net and did so with blood. I found AJWRB and printed out everypage and it made sense. I hid it under my bed until I got the courage to show my wife. I found this site and was facinated by all the discussion and points of view.

I havnt attended meetings for four months, Wife and kids still go but my wife is starting to see the hypocrisies.

We are brainwashed. I was, my father a big elder. I pioneered when I should have been at college, MS for a few years but got tired of that ten years ago. thank God.

I read a post from a guy in Hawai who wrote a DA letter based on his disgust in the blood issue. I could have written that letter as it described exactly my conclusions on the matter.

If had a couple of concerned kind elders show up, and after a brief summary of what I have found out, all they can come up with is, "well concentrate on the other stuff and ignore this and eventually it will sort itself out". They cannot disput the issue that fractions of blood are blood and they have no answer. Sad really that they cannot even comprehend the subject. And this is true of other issues that have now come to my knowledge for the first time. I didnt dare mention those as I would be out the door. One elder couldnt answer my questioning, he fired one scripture at me and said "anyway I didnt come to talk about that, a couple of sisters , {meaning his old bag of a wife}, have noticed your daughters neckline on her dress is a bit low, and she has large bosoms do you think you could have a chat with her." Well I literally threw him out of the house! Shes sixteen dresses impecibly and if her dress was revealing I would have been the first one to notice and tell her anyway. What a { think of something fitting } !!!

Ive already been given perculiar sheepish looks and glances from former good friends at the shops and feel really quite sad that thats how I would have reacted. I would have been scared of me too.

Anyway, Its good to talk and speak to those that understand, theres no one else that would get it is there!

Thanks Again

wary

• asilentone
    asilentone

Welcome to the board, wary!

• cawshun
    cawshun

Welcome, I'm happy for you that you have seen the light on the blood issue. I'm glad you took a stand for your daughter.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Welcome, wary!

~Sue

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Welcome! There's no need to be "wary".

I was at first too though, I thought my computer would become infested with demonz through visiting this site.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Welcome to the Board,

purps

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy and welcome to a larger world.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Welcome to the board! Your life story sounds very familiar to my own. You may be interested in going back through many of my older posts on this site. I posted quite regularly while I was exiting from the JWs while at the same time helping my wife out.

Look forward to reading more!

-Drew

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

welcome

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Welcome to the real world ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit