With us fast approaching the Memorial..

by passwordprotected 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• XxJazzxX
    XxJazzxX

Great Blog! I might attend the Memorial with my wife and her family coming up. This will be my first Memorial attendance and I've had my hunches and guesses on what it would be like and the blog just confirmed them. Specifically, I wanted to know where in the Bible does it say his shed body and blood is for the 144,000 only: nowhere found.

And you and I basically asked the same question: How does Jesus feel, looking down from heaven, when he sees people who claim to be his followers refuse his body and his blood?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I missed the last two but my wife attended. I'm 50/50 on whether she will this year

• Twitch
    Twitch

The whole thing just feels like another bullshit ritual held fast by those who believe.

No offense, but after a long time away from it, it's much ado about nothing really.

Whatever, carry on,....

;)

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

For centuries people have been intrigued by the mysterious objects known as the Holy Grail, the Elixir of Life,

and the Philosopher’s Stone. For many of us, these three enigmatic objects have their source in Arthurian

legend, or in the curious work of the medieval alchemists who sought to transform base metals into gold. In the

Serpent Grail, authors Gardiner and Osborn reveal that the origin of these legendary objects dates from a much

earlier period – from the dawn of human history itself.

The culmination of many years research, The Serpent Grail takes the reader on a fascinating exploration of

ancient myth, archaeology, etymology, religion, science, and much more. In keeping with true Grail tradition,

the book is also a journey in search of the enlightenment and eternal life that were the reward for those who

uncovered the secrets of the Grail, the Elixir, or the Stone. As the authors reveal, these three objects have their

origin in the shamanic tradition and in the ‘serpent cult’ that was once a global religion. Contrary to modern

belief, the serpent was not a symbol of evil. For our distant ancestors, it symbolized the beneficent life-force or

source-centre of the universe. It also embodied the spiritual rebirth and enlightenment that are the birthright of

us all. Moreover, the mysterious ‘serpent beings’ and ‘serpent deities’ of ancient myth were real people. They

were the enlightened leaders and guides of the world’s earliest civilizations.

But for our ancestors the mythical serpent was more than just a symbol of eternal life and enlightenment. The

authors discovered that the serpent’s physical counterpart – the snake – was greatly valued by the ancients for

its venom and its ability to both kill and cure. Through neutralizing the natural poison in the venom by mixing it

with blood, they developed an elixir – the Elixir of Life – that not only healed disease, it also boosted the

immune system and extended human life by many years. This elixir and its healing properties fell into disrepute

in the nineteenth century thanks to the ‘snake oil’ peddled by charlatans. In our own time, however, modern

medical science is once again discovering the beneficial properties of snake venom and other derivatives from

the snake in the successful treatment of human disease.

The Serpent Grail is also a journey into the world of the shaman, whose knowledge of ‘other worlds’ was gained

during his travels to the source of consciousness while in the hypnagogic trance-state. These travels, which

were equated with entering the womb of the World Mother, gave him an understanding of the blueprint – the

underlying matrix – of life itself. The knowledge thus gained by the shaman parallels the discoveries of modern

science. But whereas scientists express their discoveries in scientific terms, the shaman expressed his

knowledge in the form of myths about gods and goddesses, and in myths that eventually gave birth to the

mysteries of the Grail, the Elixir of Life, and the Philosopher’s Stone.

This groundbreaking book is illustrated with many original photographs taken during Gardiner’s travels around

the world in search of the truth behind the Grail, the Elixir, and the Stone. Knowing of the author’s future works

I can only say that you will need to fully grasp this book by the enlightened horns before you will be able to

proceed.

• Gill
    Gill

Human sacrifice is never a good idea!

Should be a clue that something is not quite right with your religion!

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Re. Hamsterbait- "Well You are partaking not on the basis of WHERE you believe you will be, but partaking on the basis of your complete faith that Christ is your personal savior."

Unfortunately HB in their fantastic work off of the 80's " Treasoning from the Scriptures" they have that base covered, check this out. page 309

*** rs p. 309 par. 2 Ransom ***

John 10:16: “I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those also I must bring, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd.” (These “other sheep” come under the loving care of Jesus Christ while the remnant of the “little flock” of Kingdom heirs is still on earth; thus the “other sheep” can be associated with the Kingdom heirs as part of the “one flock.” They all enjoy many of the same benefits from Jesus’ sacrifice, but not identically so, because they have different destinies.)

It seems incredible to me that the fds devote SEVEN whole pages to their discussion of the ransom in this book WITHOUT mentioning the Last supper or ANY of the relevant scriptures that speak of partaking of the flesh and blood of Jesus, and absolutely NO MENTION of 1 Tim 2;5 which says that Jesus is our mediator (i. e. all mankind who accept the sacrafice). Also NO MENTION of the NEW COVENANT. They have reduced the whole subject to a discussion of the origins of sin, and why we need the Ransom , and crucially leave THE ONE PAGE OF THE INSTUCTIONS that you need to finish the project.

Right at the end however is the rub.

page 310

What is required of us in order to benefit lastingly from Jesus perfect sacrafice?

John 3;36 "he that excercises faith in the son has everlasting life"

so far so good......biblically accurate and simple.....

Next question on page 311 "treasoning from the scriptures"

What effect should this provision have on how we use our lives?

titus 2; 13,14 " Christ Jesus ......gave himself for us that he might deliver us from every sort of lawlessness and cleanse for himself a people peculiarly his own , zealous for fine works" (Appreciation for this marvelous provision should move us to have a zealous share in those works that Christ assigned to his true followers)

VERY, VERY clever. A scripture that speaks of the ransom AND works in the same context! Almost like u need to show the works to benefit.

Wow , so that verse is really telling us that if we really apppreciate what Jesus did then we will do the works that he assigned us to? Sounds suspiciously like the parable of the faithful slave that he also "assigned".

The verse says that the people for himself (not Jehovah, strange..) would already BE zealous for fine works. But what they want you to take from the verse is that it's those works which are really the key.... Yes the Wts works program. And "Jesus true followers"?....Jehovah's Witnesses.They are the ones who have the knowledge and the appreciation and the works to go with it.

Surely the most appreciative act a person could do would be to accept the Ransom or new covenant which the wts seem to think are two separate

things.

Pray to God,

put faith in and believe in Jesus,

ask for your sins to be forgiven,

and show you want to be his brother by sharing the Lord's meal when you get the chance.

Na, too simple , and not enough works for my liking. And you can keep your bread and wine.....

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Here's the link to my new blog post on the subject of the memorial/ransom etc.

http://deathorobedience.blogspot.com/2009/03/memorial-ransom-and-new-covenant.html

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

It's a great event to justify buying a new outfit!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit