With us fast approaching the Memorial..

by passwordprotected 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

..I thought I'd post a new blog entry;

"Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in yourselves."

This will also be on Freeminds soon. Please feel free to share.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Isn't that the Celebration where nobody celebrates anything and looks miserable the whole time?

Farkel

• Stealth
    Stealth

"Isn't that the Celebration where nobody celebrates anything and looks miserable the whole time?

Farkel"

Yes, I believe it is, but they make up for their misery by dressing up in their best polyester suits.

• only me
    only me

Thank you for the excellent blog.

This has been one of my own questions for a long time. I cannot see how anyone can believe the Bible's account of the Last supper and not see that you have to participate. Jesus didn't tell anyone to just be observers.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

And Jesus didn't mention 144,000. Plus the whole thing about "a covenant for a kingdom" was mentioned after the bread and wine had been shared. Sheesh, it isn't difficult!

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Thing is password that they could argue about who gets to take it among their numbers all day but what does the bible say?

1Tim 2,5 "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus,"

In other word s Jesus said that no one can come to the father unless it's through him...Why him ?cos he provided the way to redemtion, a relationship with God , through guess what ? THE NEW COVENANT!

I'll bet that a very large percentage of Jw's don't even know the function of it. They've been told that you don't need it , ur not anointed, and Jesus is not their mediator. He's only allowed to do it for the 10,000 or so anointed within jw ranks. and yet the above scripture shows that it's the only option , not as the G.B. say one need only hang around with the remnant to attain eternal life with of course no scriptures to back it up.

It's like any good confidence trick, you only realise what you have just had stolen from you when it's too late. Except in this case it's not a spiv at your door with geasy hair and a pinstripe suit. It's " the greatest corporation in the woirild" that's scammed you. ( ok they may have used the guy in the suit to make contact.)

Check out my blog

http:/deathorobedience.blogspot.com

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I wonder how many JWs actually feel they should be taking the emblems, but don't do it due to peer pressure/fear of ridicule.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Jesus said the "eat my flesh" for everlasting life quote LONG before the last supper.

He was talking to Jews who according to the WT believed they would rise up on Earth at"The last day" (the 1000 yr reign in JW speak)

Yet they fail to see that he was saying you must partake whatever your hope.

You are partaking not on the basis of WHERE you believe you will be, but partaking on the basis of your complete faith that Christ is your personal savior.

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

The JEWS according to Paul would be restored to the promised land (Romans 11) The WT has to twist this scripture in order to support their "TWO CHRISTIANS" hope.

If the verses apply to the WTBTS (as "spiritual Israel" ) then God has bound them up in ERROR. SO :Why should we trust them?

HB

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This has to be the lamest excuse for a "celebration" I have ever seen in my life. First, you waste everyone's time handing out wastes of paper--and, of course, you simply have to pio-sneer during the months surrounding this event. And of course everyone is so excited about it.

The day comes, and you rush to the Kingdumb Hell. There are 20 attendants directing parking, and none of them agree with each other as to where you need to park (you can't park where you see fit). Then, you get in the Kingdumb Hell, only to find all the seats are taken. Even if you get there in time to find a seat, someone is all too happy to boot you out of it to accomodate someone else. Those arriving at a later session have to fight outbound traffic to get in, both in the parking lot and in the Kingdumb Hell.

The "celebration" is a boring talk. It is the same crap every year--Kingdumb Malady 87, a discussion of the events during that "supper", and wasting time discussing who is supposed to reject Jesus. They then pass the crackers after a prayer, which everyone rejects. They do the same with a glass of spoiled grape juice. There is then a section of inviting people to the next "special talk", almost always the next Sunday, and getting those "interested ones" to study (and inactive ones to become active witlesses again). Song 105, and then fight to get out of the place.

There is absolutely nothing but hassle, fighting the crowds, and the wasted evening. And this year, it is on a school night--meaning children are going to be up way past their bedtimes (in the far northern latitudes, some will be up as late as 10:00 PM and even later--those with 3 or 4 congregations could be up past midnight on a popular unit test day! This is simply a waste of everyone's time--rushing to get to the Kingdumb Hell or having to be up way past bedtime, and then having a unit test the next day or having to go out in field circus the next morning--I think I will reject Jesus at home instead of wasting the time going to the Kingdumb Hell to reject Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit