1975 Was Brought Up At the Meeting

by dismayed 36 Replies latest jw friends

• dismayed
    dismayed

So I'm daydreaming through the service meeting last night, (the end of the "supermeeting") and the MS is giving a part on always being ready to defend our faith. Blah blah blah.....you know the drill.

So he invites up a brother to do the demo part. The intro goes somthing like: "My church says don't ever talk to JW's, they are false prophets, they said the world was going to end in 1975"

Well my head must have snapped forward a little too quickly as the wife looks over at me. Anyway, I'm all ears now, how is he going to do this demo and defend 1975?

Well he starts rambling, and I know he's not going to address the issue. Goes on for like 2 minutes trying to dig himself out of this hole that he threw himself into. Anyway, he wraps it up with "By their fruits you will be known, and J-Dubs produce good fruits" Householder accepts it and suddenly wants to study the bible, just like the script goes in all of the demos. LOL.

Wanted to ask him after the meeting if false prophecy was a good fruit.

• ninja
    ninja

they used to hate it when I brought stuff up at the meetings...especially my lunch

• stapler99
    stapler99

He may have been doing that deliberately after learning the truth about what was said about 1975, and trying to alert others to the fact. If not, he may just be completely clueless.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

At least they acknowledged 1975. They're making progress.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    He may have been doing that deliberately after learning the truth about what was said about 1975, and trying to alert others to the fact. If not, he may just be completely clueless.

My first thought also. Kind of like Bona Fide's approach.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Dismayed, was the brother/sister in that skit witnesses during 1975?

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

My guess too! That's classic!!!!

If that had been me, I would have been laughing so hard I would have needed to be wearing "Depends."

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Should have brought up the proclamation made by the GB in the early 1930's at the Assemblies that millions now living will never die.

Pretty much everyone who heard those talks are dead now.

Oh well it did sell quite a few magazines and brought in a big chunk of money.

Its very good to be in " the truth "

• I quit!
    I quit!

"By their fruits you will be known, and J-Dubs produce good fruits"

Good fruit? Their fruit smells like durian..... it stinks!

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

It's the same as the question: What should you do when a Householder brings Blood up at the door?

CALL FOR AN AMBULANCE!!

Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit