Knocking on doors.....How successful is it?

by Quirky1 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I found this to be pretty unsuccessful during my time since I was a JW. I actually had my interest sparked with the JW's by family members and freinds that were JW's.

Were you a statistic of the knock at the door?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't know the statistics, but all it took was one knock on my parents' door to put my family through 33 years of bloody hell.

W

• blondie
    blondie

The reason D2D fails is that few jws prepare a good introduction, few are familiar with what they are presenting, few make good notes and make prepared, prompt return visits. Many do not want to devote the time to a "bible study." That's why in my last congregation less than 1/4 were contacted d2d; most were informally contacted by relatives, workmates, classmates, neighbors, or are children and/or grandchildren of jws.

• shamus100
    shamus100

As one poster already stated,

90 percent of people were not home; 9% were hiding, and 1% were trying to convert you to they're religion. Enough said.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Leaving literature at the door is what got me in but once I got in I found out that field service wasn't that effective. I had better luck witnessing to people I already knew and got one into the religion.

• Casper
    Casper

I was "captured" thru the door to door work... I have to say, my study conductor was

very well prepared and very diligent in keeping up with return visits and our studies. Actually,

She was like a dog with a bone.

Cas

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve found JW`s knocking on doors to be very succesful!..I always have enough Roast Dub meat,for Roast Dub sandwhich`s..The main ingredient knocks on your door!!..The really nice thing is,JW`s usually come in two`s..You can toss one on the BBQ and one in the freezer for later!!..

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• VIII
    VIII

Being born and raised in the Troof, I can say I never sold one magazine set. (that is when we actually sold them; they cost .05-.10 cents a piece and a cute little kid couldn't sell a set)

I never was able to garner any interest in the mags or the books. Granted, I missed the doorbell when my Service Mate wasn't looking and it was my turn to push the bell (wink, wink) or, I would very lightly tap the door if the door bell couldn't be found. My fervent hope was that no one would come to the door. Why? It might be a school-mate and I would be supremely humiliated. Even more than going to school every day and not saying the Pledge or participating in birthday parties.

My Mother has had some Bible Studies with numerous people over the years. Zero have resulted in baptism. Zero. This is in 40 years of pounding on doors. Zero. If she were doing this for a job with an evaluation, she'd be fired. (I would have quit-and did as soon as I could)

I see the Mormon young men on their bikes and with their ties and bike helmets and wonder why I recognize immediatly that they are Mormon and when they will get to my street. Then I wonder why the JWs are less recognizable unless it is at a Dunkin Donuts on a Saturday morning?

The Mormons are doing something right that the Dubs are missing in their sales approach and in their recruitment methods. I don't want the Dubs or the Mormons to grow. They are both Fundy groups from Hell. However, the Dubs could learn something from the Mormon playbook.

• undercover
    undercover

Someone once took some of the stats provided by the WTS and calculated the amount of hours of reported field service to convert one person...

The number was pretty staggering (though I can't remember it right off). Any business that was that labor intensive would not be in business very long. Fortunately for this particular publishing company, all their employees are volunteers who are unpaid, eliminating the marketing and printing labor costs altogether.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I think there was a time, especially in the early days of the religion, when it was effective. Now it's become as outdated as the message itself. The majority who engage in it now just don't prepare for anything more than a one minute conversation, as blondie stated. It's all about counting time at the end of the month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit