Tattoos? Regrets?

by JimmyPage 34 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Do you have a tattoo? How long have you had it? What is it? Where is it? What is its significance? Have you come to love it more in time or regret it? If you could do it again would you use a different design? Would you put it somewhere else? Have you ever had one removed? Have any JWs ever remarked on it?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

No tats, no regrets..

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Here are some numbers...

According to the American Society of Dermatological surgery, over 50% of everyone receiving a tattoo wants it removed. Tattoo removal via laser surgery is among the fastest growing areas of the dermatology industry.

Seattle Times: Tattoo FAQ, Why You Might Regret It

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/2002162696_tattooside28m.html

• Quirky1
  • falcon
    falcon

No regrets here.

I have one on my ankle that is almost 20 years old. I still love it. It's pretty blown out, the outline is still good though.

I have a good friend who is a tat artist that says he can fix it for me.

It's kind of a starfish silloette, with a path in the center. The center is the area that has runned together.

I got the idea fron the first Alice In Chains C.D. liner notes.

Yes , it does have a meaning , but it is private.

• undercover
    undercover

I don't have any and the older I get, the more I'm glad I don't have any.

I had a friend who got into tattoos at an early age. They got one whole arm sleeved, their entire back covered and part of their neck. The artwork was nice and it was quailty work. However after a few years, this person realized that this was something that they didn't want the rest of their lives. They ended up getting the laser work done to remove them. It was sickly to see them with the oozing gauze after a visit to the laser lab. Not just one visit does it. It takes several and they had to do one area at a time. And it was expensive.

This person was a beautiful 22 year old girl. To see her go through that experience and seeing her all bandaged up for long periods was painful for me. I can't imagine how painful it was for her. You can't go back from gettin a tattoo without great cost, pain and inconvenience. At the very least, if you change your mind about it, you have to live with the embarrassment of it.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I have no tats and no regrets as well. I'm surprised I'm not hearing more pro-tat responses, though. I always thought that if I got one it would have to be connected with something I've loved for years. On the other hand, my dad has a very silly tattoo that he got when he was in the navy. I always thought it was cool, though. He became a JW when I was a baby so I never got to see the authentic side of him. I've seen pics of him smoking, drinking, and celebrating holidays. But all I've ever seen in real life is the Borg version.

• VIII
    VIII

I have one. I don't regret it. I am in an extremely conservative job. I cover it up at work until people get to know me then I might let it show. They are surprised to say the least.

I would never get one on my face or an area that cannot be covered by clothing. That just seems too extreme.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I'm going in for my second tat tommorrow. No regrets. I love them.

• Quirky1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit