HI! I am one of the 63% who have left

by outofservice 32 Replies latest jw friends

• outofservice
    outofservice

Hello Everyone hope there is room for another newbie.

I feel like I know all of you from reading your posts over the last months.
    And I must Thank You all for your great and very informative posts. It has really reinforced all the things that I had been feeling for years. My husband and I were both raised in the "Truth". We were married in 1990 and from then on we just seemed to notice how really unloving a lot of the witnesses were. I guess it just came with maturity and growing up to take off the rose colored glasses and see what it was really like. In our particular hall there was a terible problem with cliques as far as the haves and the have nots. That was the first thing for me I couldn't see Jesus being a part of a group like that and then of course all the doctrinal issues that really bothered my husband and he shared with me and I agreed they got it wrong with a lot of there teachings and dates.It didn't happen overnight but after years of it, enough was enough.So we havent been to a hall since 2001. We just couldn't raise our children in this horible religion and have them be scarred like us. And I tell you the great joy and relief we felt when we left was the best thing ever. I am fond of saying I don't want to live in Paradise if I have to live with those people.We really have no particualr religon now other than christin. We celebrate the holidays with our children it felt very weird at first , but then it was so normal after that I can't really explain it.Just that we are glad to give our kids as normal a life as possible. We stil have family in the "Truth" my mother is a pioneer and my husbands brother and sisiter are still in. They all live very far away and we have limited contact. No religion is discused. So enough rambling for now. Just so glad to have this site where people understand each other because unless you've been there nobody would believe the crazziness that is taught by Witnesses.
    Take Care

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Hi there Outofservice,

Welcome to the board.

This is a very good place.

All the best to you and your family.

Alex

• dinah
    dinah

Welcome! I'm so happy you and your children are free.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

Sounds like you did the right thing for your kids. Excellent.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Welcome!! Come on in and SIT awhile! I was in 13 years and decided I couldnt raise my children in this unloving cult and it was the best thing I could ever have done for them! My husband is still in...his family are in and they shun me. but my kids who were never baptized are BLOSSOMING. I never looked back!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Welcome! Fatherhood and the prospect of raising my child in the JWs is what put me "over the edge" too. Isn't freedom great though!

BTS

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome OofS!!

• donny
    donny

Welcome to JW.Net. I wish I had left before I began a family as it would have aleviated much of the anguish I have experienced over the years. This is the best site for discussing JW issues that I have come across in my 13 years online.

Don

• outofservice
    outofservice

Thank You so much for the warm welcome. Since leaving it's been hard to start my life over with new friends and a social network since as you know it was all centered around the Witnesses. So I see this as a great place to start my rehab. And yes having children sure does change your outlook. You just can't imagine putting your children through the things that you went through, you love them too much..

Thanks again so much for the welcome

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Welcome to the Board, outofservice,

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit