Does anyone have a HOT TUB/SPA at home?

by AWAKE&WATCHING 15 Replies latest jw friends

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Is it inside or outside? Any tips on one that is outside? I may look for a "Hot Tubs for Dummies" but in the meantime are there things that you wish you had known BEFORE you put it outside or before you got one in general?

I'm thinking "paradise" myself.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I had one for quite a while. I had mine outside. The upkeep is similar to that of pools. The PH has to be tested, and they require chemicals to remain safe to use. They also use a lot of electricity, especially if you want it nice and hot. If you use the blower to make all the bubbles, the hot water turns cool within several minutes due to the air being forced into the water to make the bubbles. I was excited when I got mine, and used it faithfully for a couple of months, but then I started using it less and less. I guess the thrill wore off. But even if you don't use it often, you still have to add the chemicals anyways. I ended up selling mine.

Maybe you are one of the people that would use it consistently, and it may be a good investment, but from personal experience, and the experiences of some others I know, it ended up being a waste of money...

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I used to have one and loved it. It was outside and during the winter I would sit there until I had icicles in my moustache.

• oompa
    oompa

if you get a smaller one it is easier to just install a energy efficient endless hot water heater in your home like a Renaii i believe, it is instant on and has no tank. then you just fill it when you want to. unless you use it every day that is a good way to have no maintenance......also i believe the new rage is chemical free with UV light that constantly purifies the water.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Thanks everyone. I think we have decided on the chem free route.

I believe I will use it every day. It really helps with my fibromyalgia and loosens me up so walking and exercising are easier.

• ninja
    ninja

wait till summer robbity....you don't want to get icicles on your moustache..............ninja puts on his bullet proof vest.....he he....good to c ya here mrs

• blondie
    blondie

We investigated this but have not yet committed. We just moved into a new house and then the economy crashed. Thermospas and Hotsprings looked like good sources.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I could really do with one of those tonight - hot hot hot, a few bubbles and a HUGE ASS GLASS OF WINE.

I'm pretty much gonna do that but in the bath! it's been a grueling day at the office!

• ninja
    ninja

how are you gonna get the bubbles in the bath lou?.......oh I can guess........he he

• Caedes
    Caedes

Yer a sick man Ninja!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit