For those of you who do not know, you might find it interesting.

by Truth and Justice 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Truth and Justice
    Truth and Justice

Hi Password protected,

An interesting comment I take from what you said was your phrase "Any Genuine Christain", they have really never been geniune in my opinion, although I don't want to lump them all together. There is probably about 1% that are, but are simply afraid of the consequences. When you're genuine, you have love. Good point.

Sincerely, T and T

• Truth and Justice
    Truth and Justice

Hi Dutchstef,

I didn't see any problem with your English, I understood you clearly. Every part of the world has a unique culture and language, and I enjoy it. Thanks for your thoughts.

Sincerely, T and T

• dismayed
    dismayed

Yep I never gave those questions a second thought, and I actually waited til my late teens. The second question is truly offensive when considering Matt 28:19, 20 especially when the dubs hammer that scripture so hard a virtually every meeting. Guess the NWT should be changed to "Go thereforth, and baptize in the name of the Governing Body, the Watchtower Society, and your local elder body"

• Farkel
    Farkel

Bible: "baptize them in the name the father, the son and the holy spirit."

WTS: "baptize them into US."

Bible: "the same day they heard the message, they got baptized."

WTS: "after months and months of studying, meetings, and field service, they had to read a book and answer almost 200 questions, THEN they got baptized into US."

Case closed.

Farkel

• Hittman
    Hittman

Wow...as usual, they've sucked 99% of anything personal and meaningful out of the event. This sounds more like you're entering into a legal and binding contract with JW's than making a dedication to God.

Is there anything personal or meaningful in any JW event? Weddings ceremonies are preaching to the choir, with nothing addressing the real people getting married. Funerals have somewhere between little and nothing to do with the deceased – maybe three minutes about them and the rest devoted to preaching. So why should baptism be any different?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think I would rather honestly worship the Devil. That way, I would not be worshiping the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger thinking I am worshiping that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag that never actually does anything good anyways (including warning me that I was getting into a scam).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit