the new newbies need more posts....esp...of their own...

by oompa 19 Replies latest jw friends

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

New one here from Holland.

At first I would like to say I am glad to become a member finaly!

and I think it's a good idea to have us wait for a while before we can post as much as we want to.

In that way only the ones who realy are interested stay.. And 10 posts a day is not that bad...

By the way: do you know if there are more here from holland?

• Simon
    Simon

It's really all about limiting the damage that people can do and stopping the knee-jerk actions that occurred sometimes.

So, the delay in registration approval, the approval itself and the initial posting limitations are all designed to limit the impact that someone can have on the site if they are malicious and make it a lot harder for them to cause any trouble (so basically, not make it worth the effort).

After a period of time or number of posts then limits for new people will be removed.

• oompa
    oompa

I'm not a mod???..........WTF????...oompa

• undercover
    undercover

You're as mod as they come, oompa...

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

dutchstef

we have had people from Holland although I'm not sure how active they are right now

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

dutchstef - WELCOME!...and do you wear wooden shoes? : P

I will take reponsibility here. I am a bit of an impatient doofuss some days. I apologise for trying to push when i should be patient. Even at the grocery store I am always looking for the shortest line...Sofa and Lady Lee - thanks for halping me out before with posts...really

Ooomps....i did say "if ya want"..lol...thanks for lookin out for us newbs.With that said..lol...I can only post one topic a day and i already used mine. I want to suggest another...but i will refrain till tomorrow i suppose. I don't want to be "the ball" that gets bounced out.

lurk3r

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

bah . This thread is pretty much done eh? Weknow where things stand. How about i turn this into a sub thread?

Does anyone here know of any good fart stories that happened while at the hall or bookstudy?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

lurk3r

now that is a perfect example of hijacking a thread

I can only post one topic a day and i already used mine. I want to suggest another...but i will refrain till tomorrow i suppose

I used to make a list because there were so many ideas in my head

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Generally, I refuse to post something for someone else. The exceptions would only be if the post is important enough (a conference call, for instance), and the poster is having ongoing technical difficulties preventing them from posting it themselves. But, just to get around a poster limit, I usually refuse (and especially if I do not like the post itself--I do not post spam posts for others).

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Haha Lurk3r... nice change of topic..

Yeah I remember one night at the bookstudy, there was this pause in the prayer and one of the teenage boys let rip with an almighty fart... The whole room was shaking with laughter and the brother giving the prayer was trying desperately not to laugh.... ahhhh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit