the new newbies need more posts....esp...of their own...

by oompa 19 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

Simon and mods...i am getting pms and e-mails from our newbies...even asking me to post what they want to post. WHY??....cause they have blueball from having to wait so long to register here and post.....i just think that it may be a good idea to loosen rules some to let them post at least three times a day and unlimited after that. Isn't that what mods are for?....to catch anything that is a prob and kill it?...so if that provision is in place...then why the limit?.........these newbies are bustin at the seams........so why have these strict limits if we have mods?....now that last one is MY question....i posted the rest for the newbies.........oomps

and Simon thanks for opening the gates....it would have killed me to be shut out for so long....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Oompa..If we go that route,we are going to be up to our Ass`s in Trolls.....Trust me!!..Let Simons new system work itself out..There will be changes and tweeks,but lets not screw a good thing up.....Trolls are what killed JWD..I don`t want that to happen in our new home,JWN!!..

Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• John Doe
    John Doe

Oompa, in case your memory is poor, there is good reason for the waiting period. The sheer volume of posts this site generates necessitates that the mods get a little help filtering out troublemakers.

• oompa
    oompa

sorry gunslingin-outlaw.....if we just up it a bit, i see no harm.....these guys have been waitin a long time...and the mods and US will quickly kill any nonsense!...i swear to god or whomever that we will have WAY fewer jw apologists hittin on us...that we do dubs on other sites like the new facebook one........kinda nice to know that...........oomps

and could ya'll please stop sending me pm's as to how you want me to be a mod?!?!?........geeze..........

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Oompa..You a Mod??..LOL!!.....Your as "Easy Going",as I am "Bad Tempered"..LOL!!.....Neither of us is Mod Material!!..LOL!!

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"JWN has a lot in common with the WTS considering it's regulatory measures"...............Shoot the Newbie!!..LOL!!

Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I don't remember the post limit I had when first joining the board,

but there was one.

As time went by and I posted more I earned more posts.

purps

edited to add: I was also posting for people that emailed me that were not even members yet.

Be nice, oomps!!!!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Strike 1 against ILOOWY.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Purps..We all had to earn our posts..Thats as it should be..

Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

There are limits for good reasons. In the past we have had far too many trouble-makers getting in and upsetting the board and most posters. The new limits, which I believe Simon said was 10 posts oper day to start, will be increased as people show themselves and the contributions they make to the board.

A list of questions to answer before posting is exactly what the WTS and some JW boards do. And most troublemakers would get past that quite quickly.

The truth is the troublemakers could still get in. But with limited posting we will catch them before the cause too much havoc.

For those of you who have people contacting you to post for them - it's just not a good idea. It doesn't help us identify problems and if you aren't on the ball YOU could wind up being the ball and getting knocked out of the ring.

For the new posters - patience please. You've waited this long and gotten this far. You will get the rest of the way

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit