Greetings!

by viva 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Nice to meet you, viva. Your life story provides another example of the conundrum that born-ins face when they are expected to follow their parents' choices in religion, rather than making it themselves. Did your degree help land you a good job? What area of science are you into?

• viva
    viva

Password protected said: "Do you fancy sharing with us how the elders tried to track your GF down?"

In short, the day my DFing was to be announced an elder called and asked if I was going to the meeting, I slipped up and told him I was going to visit my girlfriend later. On the way there, I noticed I was being followed. No problem, took them down some forrestry roads and lost them. They were fairly good at following, keeping a good distance and all, but once I got out of town there was no chance that they were coincidentally going the same place. I gave them fair warning when I stopped and locked in the hubs on my truck. They ended up stuck and I kept going.

I still don't understand why they wanted to talk to her, presumably to get her to break up with or marry me.

Leolaia,

I am a geologist, and I have a pretty decent job. Glad I got an education.

• yknot
    yknot

Sorry about the JC ~ that sux!

Freedom is seldom free.

Glad you found JWR and have now joined us too!

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Welcome !!!

TTRP

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Welcome, viva!

~Sue

• VIII
    VIII

Hi viva and welcome to the board! I am a newbie also, though I left the dubs years ago.

Congrats on your escape and on your education.

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

Wow! Thanks for sharing your story and welcome!!

Every time I hear someone describe what the elders do in the JC meeting about asking for the details of the persons sexual behavior it make me even more disgusted with this Org.

Hang in there, we’ll be cheering you on.

DV

• SuspiciousMinds
    SuspiciousMinds

Thanks for sharing your story!

There are lots of parallels between your story and mine.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit