Hello! I am no longer a Lurker!

by VIII 32 Replies latest jw friends

• VIII
    VIII

I really appreciate the Welcomes. Thank you all.

I want to clarify the "nuttiness" I refer to above: I get the craziest e-mails from my family. All referring to Armageddon, The Great Tribulation, etc. Some of the stuff in them would get them referred to a mental hospital. For lock up, not just treatment. I'm talking full out crazy talk. Tom Cruise would be proud.

I try to reason that they are in full control of a cult, yet, I just can't wrap my mind around how they can not only believe that stuff, but type it out and hit the send button.

I also get the phone calls. They say similar stuff. I hang up the phone and yell into a pillow.

So, when I come here and read stories like mine, I realize "I am not alone". That is good.

• shamus100
    shamus100

There is nothing wrong with creating personal boundaries. You need to see if it's worth the cost and make them.; much easier said than done.

• viva
    viva

Welcome to the forum! I am new here to. It is great to know that we are not alone...

• oompa
    oompa

yes...WE are not alone........welcome!.....oompa......and how did you find us?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome!

• VIII
    VIII

I came across this site a few years ago and would read it on and off. It seemed the easiest to navigate of the various Ex-JW web sites. I would think about registering to respond to something and then realize someone already said what I had to say.

I decided to register when the site allowed new members due to the nature of the e-mails and phone calls I have been getting. They have stepped up the Great Trib and Armageddon stuff in the last 6 months like I can't believe. Getting some more objective responses would be great. I have resorted to grunting lately.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA

You said it right. You have had to be there to understand.

HappyDad

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

welcome VIII

my JW mom still will talk JW stuff at me on the phone.... I listen because I love her..but have to curtail it when she tries to get me to go back...I glance through the Kool-Aid editions of the Watchtower when she sends them... just in case she asks if I read them.... I can't lie to my momma...

Snakes ()

ps....

and what a great problem we have again...I can't keep up with all the newbies to welcome them...

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

Wecome aboard to the board where you will not get bored.

TooBad TooSad

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

VIII,

Welcome.

You are in very good place, here.

Good luck.

Alex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit