If You believe that Jesus is God....

by lurk3r 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

NWT

"No man has seen God at any time: the only begotten god who is in the bosom (position) with the father is the one that has explained him"

Now one should object to Jesus as a lower case god! Which the WTBTS states would be a false god!

John 1:18 (English Standard Version)

18 (A) No one has ever seen God; (B) the only God, [a] who is at the Father’s side, [b] (C) he has made him known.

Does anyone have the Diaglott on this scripture? I remember that the WTBTS older version Diaglott had God instead of god!

WTBTS screwed up by saying he was a god instead of a God!

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi lurk3r,

Here's an answer to one of the questions you have raised.

Are there any other places in the bible that may refer to Jesus as "Father"? Or any ways that are on the simple side, to help me understand this line of thinking?

Well, the big question is, does the bible refer to Jesus in the same manner as God The Father? If so, that would mean that Jesus is God too and as Jesus said himself "I and The Father are one". If you look, there are numerous titles that are the same for Jesus and the Father, here's a few I can think of.

The First and Last, The Alpha and The Omega, The Rock, The Redeemer, The Saviour, The Judge, King, Lord, I Am.

The First and The Last/The Alpha and The Omega/The Beginning and The End is my favorite. Look at these verses and you will see that both The Father and Jesus use the same title(s) in several places. (I use the ASV as it uses the name Jehovah instead of LORD so you can get the point). I will put in brackets who is being referred to.

Isaiah 44:6 (American Standard Version)

6 Thus saith Jehovah, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer, Jehovah of hosts: I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God. [The Father]

Revelation 1:17-18 (American Standard Version)

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as one dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying, Fear not; I am the first and the last,

18 and the Living one; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive for evermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades. [Jesus]

Revelation 22:12-13 (American Standard Version)

12 Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to render to each man according as his work is.

13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. [Jesus]

Revelation 1:8 (American Standard Version)

8 I am the Alpha and the Omega, saith the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty. [The Father]

Revelation 21:6 (American Standard Version)

6 And he said unto me, They are come to pass. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. [Jesus]

Hope that helps.

All the best,

Stephen

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The article at http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/trinity.htm tries to simply answer some of the questions that you have raised.

Regarding pictures of Jesus, I have read that the reason the cross was used as a symbol in early Christianity was to discourage idolatry. Pictures of Jesus were not used as Christians were concerned that this could lead to idolatry. Hence, there is not an accurate knowledge of Jesus appearance.

• Chalam
    Chalam

NWT But with reference to the Son: “God is your throne forever and ever, and [the] scepter of your kingdom is the scepter of uprightness.

BTW that verse is another which is wholly tampered with in the NWT. See here in every other version how the verse read that the Father says about the Son, "Your Throne, O God..."

Hebrews 1:8 But of the Son He says, "YOUR THRONE, O GOD,

The NWT has demoted Jesus and undermined His status as God, a familiar theme :(

• Chalam
    Chalam

Anyhow, I was just reading my bible and though of this thread. I will again use the ASV as it uses the word Jehovah in the OT.

Exodus 20:9-10 (American Standard Version)

9 Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work;

10 but the seventh day is a sabbath unto Jehovah thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy man-servant, nor thy maid-servant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

Luke 6

1 Now it came to pass on a sabbath, that he was going through the grainfields; and his disciples plucked the ears, and did eat, rubbing them in their hands.

2 But certain of the Pharisees said, Why do ye that which it is not lawful to do on the sabbath day?

3 And Jesus answering them said, Have ye not read even this, what David did, when he was hungry, he, and they that were with him;

4 how he entered into the house of God, and took and ate the showbread, and gave also to them that were with him; which it is not lawful to eat save for the priests alone?

5 And he said unto them, The Son of man is lord of the sabbath.

So is the Sabbath is for Jehovah or Jesus? How can it be for both? Only one way...

John 10:30 I and the Father are one."

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit