Extreme Makeover Home Edition featuring a JW

by startingover 10 Replies latest jw friends

• startingover
    startingover

The story about this was posted here earlier when it all started in Fresno, CA. The community rallied behind this JW family, and one church even gathered enough donations from it's members that they paid off her $25,000 mortgage.

This was in the paper this morning. She and her family were at the church that donated the money for her mortgage to watch the show. Wonder how that went over with her congregation.

Here's the story: http://www.fresnobee.com/local/story/1246996.html

• calico
    calico

I watched the episode and if they are witnesses, they are not strong ones. The son had long hair and they were using the phrase "Oh My God" as they walked thru their new home--no-nos if you are in the truth!

Oh, and she went to college!?

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

This must be a liberal JW family,..or is this a sign of the ORG going mainstream?

• Dagney
    Dagney

Did you hear her tearily say on the "I guess there are still really good people in the world."

Yep lady, there still really are. **sigh**

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I went to the link provided and kept looking around and found this..comments from people. Apparently some of them are Jehovah's Witnesses...but pretty interesting..

http://www.fresnobee.com/1040/story/1117887.html

At the very bottom of the page are some comments and there are more on the next two pages also.

Snoozy...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Is it viewable online?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I got the JW chain letter this weekend! they are already bragging about it!

• shamus100
    shamus100

I'm glad that they got a new house. They will never return any favour as long as they are witnesses; that is a fact. (unless you call FS a favour

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Did this air yet? How was she the poster child for Easter Seals? That's not very JW. She accepted a donation raised by a church? I'm guessing that it wasn't the JWs.

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

This family wil probably become a member of this forum too.

Now that they have seen that other ( church)people can do better than their own gongregation

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit