I'm Finally Registered!

by SuspiciousMinds 36 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Welcome 4.. Elvis 2..SuspiciousMinds..Elvis 2..........Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Welcome!

• crazycate
    crazycate

Does your wife have doubts too?

The generation change in 1995 was big for me too. Not so much that it happened, it had to, but the way it was handled. Instead of being honest ("Obviously we were wrong") blame it on God (new light).

Cate

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Welcome

• free2think
    free2think

Welcome to JWN.

• undercover
    undercover

Welcome to the board...

Your concerns were a couple of my biggest concerns when I started to realize something was amiss...

• SuspiciousMinds
    SuspiciousMinds

All - thanks very much for the welcome and your kind words.

crazycate - When I first started to talk to my wife about my doubts, she was pretty upset. After discussing a couple of the issues (especially the fact that the masthead in the Awake! changed after the generation teaching change) she has come around.

undercover - the 1995 generation teaching change has always bothered me, but because other jws didn't seem to care, I long ago decided it wasn't a big deal after all. Until last summer when a few things started connecting...

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I remember being at the watchtower study the sunday that we studied the 1995 change. I remember going to the meeting very exiced because my dad told me there was new info coming out. After the meeting there was a buzz in the croud talking about it. They the next meeting we were back to normal.

No big deal - we were not wrong after all - we just needed a new understanding.

elder-schmelder

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Hi. I'm also still an active witness for family reasons but I saw the man behind the curtain a while back.

Welcome 2

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Welcome SuspiciousMinds and trebor (whose thread I am not able to post on), good to have you on board! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit