Woo whooo!

by lurk3r 37 Replies latest jw friends

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Welcome

• besty
    besty

all that trouble to choose a username and now its inaccurate already :-)

welcome to the n00b

• undercover
    undercover

wow...anuther'un

Welcome...

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Welcome, lurk3r!

~Sue

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

Thanks so much for all the warmth. It kinda feels like I'm back at the kingdom hall, only here I can actually learn things!

I have been in a "coma" for a long long time now, and this site has gone such a long ways in waking me. All my life I have ignored myself and my thoughts about the "truth" I was learning. Ignorance IS bliss....but you can only ignore it for so long. Oh MAN i wish i would have listened to myself! No use getting hung up on it though, as I am here now. Thank you for that.

It seems very fitting, that I take the time out to thank someone. 18 years ago...before the Proclaimers book came out, I attended a District Convention in Toronto. Walking outside of the Gardens with big plaques, were some apostates. No one needed to tell me they were evil...cause i already knew. As much as I WANTED to look up at their signs, I couldn't bring myself. Perhaps this apostate sensed this, and he, along with his companion walked behind me and had a "conversation" with each other. I tried my best to ignore and shut out what they were saying but there was one word that stuck out at the time. Beth-Sarim.(or is that 2 words?lol) These slanderous liars were trying to break my faith. They were evil. Satan was using THEM to get to ME! I dare not breathe the word Beth-Sarim.

Im sure ANYONE who brought that name up, and the story behind Beth-Sarim, BEFORE the Proclaimers book was published,was tried and publicly "executed" right there on the spot. Years later and ONLY to cover their ass, Beth Sarim gets put to paper and print, "officially". But just barely...since it was official now, but not the whole story behind it, I looked it up on the internet, cause deep down, I wanted more. Even after reading it, I STILL couldnt believe it all. I have "hung" onto the "truth" in one way or another in my mind ...until now. Thanks to you all and a thank you to the "apostate" that originally planted the seed. You KNEW it would get to me...you didn't know it would take so long.

lurk3r

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    Lurk3r said: I tried my best to ignore and shut out what they were saying but there was one word that stuck out at the time. Beth-Sarim
    Thanks to you all and a thank you to the "apostate" that originally planted the seed. You KNEW it would get to me...you didn't know it would take so long.

Wow! That's pretty ding-danged amazing! One never knows what will break through.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Another great story! I remember those "evil apostates" at conventions too; I even wrote home to tell a friend of mine about them. I should see if I have a copy of that letter, might be funny to see my thinking at the time. When I was in high school, I watched the John Ankerberg show which talked about Beth Sarim, 1975, the NWT, and other stuff, but it didn't sink in at the time because I assumed that it must be biased and inaccurate. It takes a while to allow yourself to think differently.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Welcome to the forum Lurk, another Canadian Hey

Yes there's much to learn and this is a great place to ask questions,

people here are very willing to help you out and there some well educated bible scholars too

such as leolaia , great bible theologians to learn new and interesting things.

So stick around and have some fun !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit