Has anyone lost a friend or known of someone who committed suicide over BORG-induced guilt?

by Alpaca 64 Replies latest jw friends

• stillin
    stillin

one of the brothers who studied with me in "75 killed himself in the early '80's. He had been at the Bethel bindery, come back to his home congregation, married and fathered 3 beautiful kids, then faded. He must have been guilt ridden, because the body of elders there consisted of his Dad and brothers and uncles, who put loads of work on him. He was a sensitive, caring guy. His talks at assemblies would hush the place; nobody went to the bathroom during his parts. He was manic-depressive his wife told me.

I wish he was alive now.

• nelly136
    nelly136

my friend faye, we met on tishies board when she posted as chimpgirl, amazingly bright brilliant lady, such a waste.

• BloominMarvellous
    BloominMarvellous

I didn't actually attempt sucide because I had some great friends there with me- Thank you Mr Majestic and HB!

But I stopped eating for two or three days when the elders were deciding what to do with me, I just couldn't face food because I felt so guilty for my actions and truly believed that I had let each one of the congregation and Jehovah down. My study conductor (also my so-called best friend at the time) was shunning me. The elders told me not to speak to anyone in the congregation about what had happened and not to speak to anyone in the world (even though I've had depression for ten years and they know that). I was completely cut off, I luckily broke their rules and spoke to my worldly friends who helped me through it.

Stopping eating make me weak and depressed and going to my judicial comitee I was shaking like a leaf and it wasnt just nerves (not baptised but they still treated it like a court).

The Borg don't know this kind of treatment can affect others and how much pain and distress it can cause. The elders are not trained counsellors and cannot begin to understand how the mind works.

They could have killed me and they would have just blamed it on my depression!

Thanks for reading

Bloomin x

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I know of one that succeeded and a few who've tried unsuccessfully. One told me afterwards that she was counselled by an elder for "taking Jehovah's gift of life for granted".

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

One guy in his mid 20s. Schizophrenic, in and ouit of trouble with the elders. Shunned by family while DFd of course.

Another guy 17, I think. Grew up with my kids, but was now in another congregation. Was in the pooh with the elders.

I knew two non-JWs that committed suicide, one of them had a JW brother in law who had topped himself.

NZs most famous one would have to be Antonie Dixon. He was never a JW, but there was a lot of WT inspired shit spinning about in his head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit