Why do JW Boards BAN Questioners, While Questioning Sites INVITE JWs??

by Seeker4 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

A turning point for me when I left the Witnesses was when I realized that protecting and defending the WTS was really the main purpose of the WTS and Jehovah's Witnesses. It was not finding the truth as related in the Bible, it was defending what the WTS was currently telling us was the truth.

When that changed a little down the road, it was protecting this "New Truth" as proclaimed by the WTS.

S4

• llbh
    llbh

The WTS is about control, when that is realised all becomes clear. As has been said if they have truth all debate would be welcomed, and they would be able to demonstrate the veracity of their beliefs.

David

• middleman
    middleman

Well........

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Reniaa?

• oompa
    oompa

i have had to turn into a JW apologist nearly just to fend off the whackos on that facebook page!....shut the hell up apostanuts!....be subtle or stfu!!!........geeze it is a lot of fun......oomps

the whacko apostates are tryin to beat the shit outta me over there!!!....but i got skilz...i swear i have put one in a straight jacket and another had a stroke....

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I think it's important to remember that most 'faithful' JWs are defending, not a religion, but a choice; their choice.

Their choice to become a Jehovah's Witness in the face of opposition from family members, even their own marriage mate.

Their choice to believe that the 'creator's promise' would be fufilled within a generation of 1914.

Their choice to carry a 'no blood' card.

Their choice to quash feelings of deep discomfort when studying the Revelation..Climax book.

Their choice to accept that Jesus isn't their mediator.

Their choice not to go to college and to discourage their offspring from going to college.

Their choice to refuse that job promotion.

Their choice to stick with a religion when their 'unbelieving' mate leaves them.

Their choice to shun their child who, as an adult, gets disfellowshipped for no longer believing 1914.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The witless faith is built on a p*** poor foundation, and all it would take is one person to ask a question that witlesses cannot satisfactorily answer to unravel the "faith" of many other witlesses that hit that page. As a result, those sites have to be tightly moderated so any questions that might undermine the wimpy faith get deleted, and anyone that repeatedly posts such material gets banned. Those sites ultimately degenerate into a wimpy mess of stock comments.

This board was once a pro-JW site. Simon decided to accept questions, and eventually he was moved by such questions to open the board to those who opposed the religion. That happened fairly quickly. And, once that happens, the majority of people on the site are going to be apostates. Those with pro-JW arguments almost always sound specious to apostates and anyone that is interested in the religion. Hence, they are not a threat to the board or the beliefs of those who frequent the board.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

The turn around of this site is amazing, for sure.

When we've dealt with the same, lame JW arguments, they pose no threat to us. Hey, they gotta remember, We used the Reasoning book for years also! We were quite familiar with those arguments and reasonings when we left.

S4

• moshe
    moshe

JW's really think they have all their bases covered, so it comes as a real shock to them to find out they are actually knee deep in doo-doo. When they are upset by comments, they just leave quickly and search for dumber householders.- for an apostate to enter their JW forum is like them entering their living room. Just try and set up a bible discussion at a JW's home and see what happens! They want to keep control and to walk out when it get's too hot in the kitchen for them.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The JWS have been fully indoctrinated with the suggestion that their religion is the one and only true religion chosen by god

and as I mentioned before this sets up a huge wall structured to protect the organization and the people within it,

anything that intervenes that thought cracks and dismantles that image and the person that is not standing up and protecting it is deemed

spiritually weak. So you can see there is a lot of psychology going on there and this the why the JWS act and behave the way they do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit