Why do JW Boards BAN Questioners, While Questioning Sites INVITE JWs??

by Seeker4 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Why is it that on JW discussion boards, anyone who brings up difficult issues or questions will soon be banned from the site, while sites like this one where debate and discussion are encouraged, we welcome believing JWs with open arms?

Of course, most of us here know the answer to that! But it is something to take note of, and to mention when you get a chance.

There was a recent post about a JW group on Facebook. Already there are people being warned about or banned from that group because they are asking hard questions that the JWs don't like.

Yet, we welcome JW apologists here. Why the difference?

Most of the JW apologists who have come on our sites end up leaving the Witnesses. WTS theology cannot be well defended. Those who question the WTS on JW sites are feared, because they are so capable of getting others to question and leave the Witnesses.

It would be exactly the opposite if the Witnesses truly had the truth. They would be impossible to successfully attack.

S4

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

We listen to opinions, ideas, views that differ from our own. Most of us treasure diversity.

They hate all the above. They rally the troops with total insistence on conformity, and tolerate no personal view outside the 'official' stance.

Jeff

• minimus
    minimus

Do you really think we treat JW defenders all that well? I don't. But there have been exceptions to the rule. This board has been friendlier in the last couple of years but it wasn't always so.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The typical JWS is indoctrinated with fear to not question the authority of the JWS, to do so is said to be evil and apostate,

against gods organization that he lovingly provided .... bla ...bla

Fear is the out most controlling factor with JWS on any analytical thought or discussion regarding

the doctrines coming out of Brooklyn, thinking outside the box is strongly controlled and regulated,

also its considered being weak. Being in subjection to the GB is a sign of spiritual strength, worthy of praise.

The Gods in Brooklyn are very strong indeed and they're more than willing to show their strength at any given time.

So all heed the warning.

• Purza
    Purza

Perhaps the individuals that start these discussions or sites have good intentions in the beginning - THINKING they are open minded. Then the hard questions start being asked and they panic and ban everyone who thinks differently. Just like the KH - anyone who starts asking thought provoking questions during a meeting get a talking to by the elders after the meeting.

Just a thought.

Purza

• choosing life
    choosing life

The same reason that the society will not debate with others. They know they would end up looking foolish.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Many who come here to defend JW's can't get they're heads around simple facts. They usually leave the witnesses, or say that we're being mean to them, and leave with they're tails between they're legs.

Either way, I have never seen anyone even come close to winning a debate without using the old 'imperfect men' clause to cover over child sexual abuse to spousal physical abuse.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Min, I know they are not treated with kid gloves here, but I think that is definitely part of the scenario - JWs just get the crap knocked out of them in the give and take, rough and tumble of free and open debate. When I was a JW, I had so many friends come to me scared shitless when someone called them on the 1914 date and asked them to prove it.

Try to prove 1914 using the prophecies of Matthew 24 and Luke 21, and any thinking person knows that those "signs" could fit any period of time.

Use the WTS chronology to prove 1914, the "day for a year" reasoning and Daniel? Not one in a hundred Witnesses understands that well enough to explain it to a friendly audience - how many could have it make sense to a hostile one?

And I also agree that the WTS knows it will look foolish in any open debate, which is why the Organization hasn't publicly debated since Russel's time.

S4

• parakeet
    parakeet

"Yet, we welcome JW apologists here. Why the difference?"

They are braindead. We are not.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Seeker4..Pro JW`s will defend the WBT$ at any cost..Even thier own credibility.....They are not looking for Truth.....They are protecting something called "The Truth"..If protecting "The Truth" means they have to shut you up by any means possible..You will be tossed out................We actually are looking for Truth here..We are not protecting a Laundry List of Lies called "The Truth"..

Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit