A question for you guys who edited your own "Revelation Climax (AntiClimax) Books

by Alpaca 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Revelation scrapbooking..

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

They of course eventually re-printed the book, including the changes. This must have come from the 'outcry' about having to do all the amendments oneself. I remember hearing of very zealous brothers spending whole evenings cutting out the changes and pasting them in and then later refusing to get a new, updated book; they would proudly sit with their old, hard-bound book, paste-ins there for all to see.

Another reason, surely, for the re-print (and remember, they originally weren't going to re-print the book, hence the KM pull-out), was that having to systematically work through this book adding and amending would have put it right in front of the R&F how much the old Revelation book was WRONG.

• mostlydead
    mostlydead

It was a creepy thing to watch my husband do. I didn't realize they did print a new edition. Why didn't they just do that in the first place? That's not their usual style. Generally they amend with no mention of it at all, and generally nobody notices, which is the whole point I'm sure.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

They actually did the reprint of the updated Revelation Book with all the changes before it was studied in the book studies again.

However, the reprinted edition with all the updates was not to be used by the publishers. The updated edition was for placing in the field service. Publishers were instructed to use their older editions of the Revelation Book along with the insert from the kingdom ministry. Many publishers ignored this direction and picked up the new copies because the changes were so extensive and it was hard to keep referring to the kingdom ministry.

I loved the fact there were extensive changes, as it gave me a great forum to stress to my book study group how many changes there has been over the years - and how the changes continue to this day.

The Oracle

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

....and yes, I know of a few people who were certainly helped along with their exit because of the outrageous amount on changes in the Revelation Book.

One witness mentioned to me how surprised he was that more didn't wake up and smell the coffee over this issue. He certainly did!

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit