A question for you guys who edited your own "Revelation Climax (AntiClimax) Books

by Alpaca 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

I left in 1997 so I didn't enjoy the privilege of editing my personal copy of the book.

There was a thread on here a few years ago about it but I was left with the impression that it was just a few marginal notes.

Now, on another thread there are comments about cutting and pasting stuff into the book.

Just how extensive were the edits?

I cannot believe the BORG (sorry, yes I can) would direct such a bizarre exercise for publishers. How many of you said WTF?

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Please!

• Black Sheep
  • Black Sheep
  • Alpaca
    Alpaca

Hey Chris,

Thanks so much. What a fiasco. I had no idea that the edits were so extensive. It's astounding. I can't believe there wasn't a substantial exodus in the wake of this.

Did you guys actually make photocopies of the changes and paste them into the book? Or did people hand-write them in?

Did the BORG supply supplemental instructions on how to "theocratically" (OMG) make the edits?

Alex

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Also in the old days this was common practice. As a fourth-gen-JW I remember some of the older books in our family library that had larger parts put into books from the publishers, with scissors and glue.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I picked up a copy in a book sale the day after I found out about the changes.

There was enough room in the margins to make all of the changes except one or two.

• mostlydead
    mostlydead

There was a supplement in the KM I believe, but some very zealous person in my husbands book study printed all of them out on self adhesive peel-and-stick sheets...I really had a hard time wrapping my mind around that one.

• mostlydead
    mostlydead

There was a supplement in the KM I believe, but some very zealous person in my husbands book study printed all of them out on self adhesive peel-and-stick sheets...I really had a hard time wrapping my mind around that one.

• stapler99
    stapler99

Are there any experiences of individuals who started to break away from the Jehovah's Witness organization through this last studying of the Revelation book? I had expected that there would be: the anachronistic references to the 20th century, the barmy and tenuous interpretations of the Bible pas sages, the number of changes that were made, and different people in the book study with different versions of the book. That book gave me nightmares as a child in the early '90s with all of its depictions of Armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit