What do you think about this letter to the JC???

by tsar_robles 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

This letter is slightly different than the one I wrote up to DA. Mine outlines the earmarks of a cult (including the Jonestown survivor quote), the WT's history of false prophecy, its 10 year affair with the UN, and the million dollar lawsuits against them for mishandling child abusers. But hey everyone has a right to their own viewpoint. Except in WT Land.

• Questions1
    Questions1

It took a lot of courage to put those words on paper. How do you feel?

Now, the hard part follows. In my experience, in dealing with two bodies of elders in different congregations the punishment phase normally lasts longer. One body thinks you're doing fine, while the group that dealt with you takes the position that you're ducking them and are not going to allow you to skip right back in because the organization operates in a punitive manner. I know countless brothers and sisters who've suffered years of mental anguish dealing with situations to yours. You're not dealing with forgiving people. The fact that you have a problem that they think ought to be handles in such a harsh way proves that the love of the greater number has cooled off...same story different day.

Second, be careful not to be viewed as desperate by either body. Desperation is viewed as a weakness in the organization, again I reference my thoughts on compulsion to serve the creator which is based on your connection to him instead of being a brain washed pleb who does this even though you know something is wrong. Remember, you don't need a group in essence, the group is part of a mechanism. If you freely choose the because you view the machine for what it really is, then by all means follow your course of action. But honesty, and I hope I'm wrong, I hope this works out for you, be ready for the long haul the machine is geared to chew up and spit out those with problem.

Lastly, I know of an experience where a brother (who is still in by the way...he loves pain...lots of JW think they carry a torture stake even after forgiveness

is granted) was not df...but put on reproof for over 10 years. I know of another brother, also still in (he thinks local elders in five congregations in two states

conspired against him on their own even though a letter followed him from New York, that warned congregations he was a trouble

maker. The whole time this went on, he asked why he was treated like a leper and he all he wanted was to be in good standing) was reinstated after

forever, and then secretly kept on reproof for more than 15 years. Point is, these folks play games with people all in the name of love.

May God Bless Your Efforts

• tsar_robles
    tsar_robles

[quote]

I think it`s Frigg`n Bizarre..LOL!!........."Jehovah has prove Satan a Liar"..?????????????????????..Are they having a disagreement,that you personally know about??.............I`ll bet you`ve never met Jehovah or Satan..I`ll bet you don`t know a single person,that has met Jehovah or Satan!..LOL!!..You probably don`t know anyone,who knows anyone,who has met Jehovah or Satan..LOL!!..I have no idea how your going to live a sane life there..Look at what your doing to get back............I know you want to be with your family again..So good luck on that..........................(The dog is sleeping)...OUTLAW [quote] lol. you always make me laugh, OUTLAW... good points indeed... but no emoticons this time... whats up with that?? oh wait doggie's sleeping lol

• choosing life
    choosing life

One thing about disfellowshipping, It's emotional blackmail. They hold your family hostage from you. Groveling is the ransom price.

Only you can break this abusive cycle. Either walk away or just go through the mechanical motions of reinstatement. Check your emotions at the door of the kingdom hall.

Think a lot about your son and what kind of life you want him to live.

• yknot
    yknot

I think it is tactful and still keeps a level of dignity.

I think it all depends on the BOEs involved.

In my area the two area KHs dislike each other, and reinstatement can happen very fast if stroked properly.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Is your wife a JW? It appears from your letter that she isn't. Is there a reason as to why you wish to be reinstated as a JW?

• tsar_robles
    tsar_robles

yes there is a reason... I cannot see myself not being able to share a laugh with my jw family ever again...

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

It doesn't seem like you're doing much laughing. Some vomiting and choking, but no laughing.

Our brains may try to bamboozle us with innumerable bull shit stories but our bodies never lie. They always tell the truth. You just have to be willing to listen to the message.

Your son is your family. Do you want him to grow up in this joy-sucking religion and one day be made to feel as shitty and low as you do now?

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

that is a powerful reason bro, thats how they control the masses.............. do what we say or we will cut you off from your family.

my opinion be glad your out cause you will at least have a chance at a normal life with your wife and son.............

the letter has some good points in it, i will say i liked it. will the elders buy it? you can have actually HAD that experince where god told you it was ok........... hell jesus could have appeard to you and given you a hand written in his blood letter telling the elders to let you back in............ and they still wouldnt do anything for you.

it wasnt a kiss ass letter but you were giving god more authority than the elders........... that never leads to good places with them. your saying god forgave you and motivated you to do better.......... well mister god wasnt at your JC was he. if he was then it wouldnt have been a JC it would have been a personal meeting to try and help you. thats what REAL churches do for their people........ and even people off the streets.

you did hit all the high notes......... and you didnt blame them for being the a**holes they are required to be. i prayed to jah, he forgave me and told me to work hard and motivated me......... good points if they gave a s***. im physically sick on the way to meetings and a danger to my son, but god says to work it out.......... brother i get you there.......... just thinking of going to meetings makes me want to yak as well. also the MISSUNDERSTANDINGS between a**hole elder #1 and you because of the physical things and sensitivity that you have to deal with........... and his cold hardened heart that makes him not care unless you are rich, famous, or drive a 4 door car and wear a plain old black suit with a not to short and not to long conservative haircut.... and put in more than 10 hours a week in field circus. now thats funny.................. FKer deserves being called out but you play it like oh its just a missunderstanding....... nice.

it certainly has to suck being forced to jump through hoops, trying to sound properly repentant but not desperate. giving god some credit and showing remorse to them while somehow not pointing out what dicks they are............ and while doing all this somehow conveying that you reconize their highest authority.............. dang i just dont think its worth it............. but then again i only have a mother, father, sister, bro in law, and grandmother in that cult............. and my grandmother will never shun me......... and i got loads of so called worldly family that loves me.... i dont know what your family situation is............... so all i can say is...........

best wishes and good luck

• steve2
    steve2

Putting your heart on your sleeve for a bunch of closed-mined nincompoops who arecalled elders is a brave thing for you to do. An even braver thing for you to do would be for you to recognise how plain silly it is to put your heart on your sleeve for these nicompoops.

Get out, stay out and get a life for goodness sake!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit