Memorial Dating

by A&S 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• A&S
    A&S

Memorial is supposed to be held on Aviv(Nissan ) 14 . The following shows how it is determined .

The Biblical year begins with the first New Moon after the barely in Isreal reaches the stage in its ripeness called Abib (Aviv) The period between one year and the next is either 12 or 13 lunar months . Because of this , it is important to check the state of the Barley crops at the end of the 12th month . If the Barley is Abib at this time , then the following New Moon is Hodesh Ha-Aviv ( New Moon of the Abib ) . If the barley is still immature , we must wait another month and then check the barley again at the end of the 13th month .

Ex13:4 Deut. 16:1

So it is impossible to determine the date yrs in advance . According to the scriptures . It was changed be 359 C.E , just before the Sanhedrin disbanding themselves , the exiled Sanhedrin devised a new calander system . In the 4th century Sanhedrin , Hillel 2 borrowd Babylonian mathmatical calculations to determine the precise moment that the moon was in conjuctions with the earth and the sun . This unobservable mathematical moment in time was used to determine the beginning of each month on the new Pharisee calander . So the could celebrate their adaption of the Passover at their own convience . They could plan their religoius activities months , years in advance . They completely disregarded the ONLY criterion stipulated by the Almighty for determining the first month of the year - the aviv barley in the land of Isreal .

We follow this mistake . Memorial can not be determined a yr in advance, actually

not even a mth in advance . So the dating the organization uses is often incorrect .

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    So the dating the organization uses is often incorrect

I concluded the same thing, when I realized they didn't celebrate the Memorial on the same night that religious Jews celebrate the Passover. However, I didn't take the time to sort out all of the facts.

-LWT

• sir82
    sir82
    I realized they didn't celebrate the Memorial on the same night that religious Jews celebrate the Passover.

Well duh!

Do the religious Jews have Chuck Russell whispering in their ear telling them when to celebrate it, like the JWs do?

I thought not!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Miracle Barley is used to allow accurate dating.

[disappointed this thread is not about singles dating on the Memorial]

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Well duh!

Yes, I was being far too logical. I needed to stir in two parts cult crazy. LOL!

-LWT

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    [disappointed this thread is not about singles dating on the Memorial]

Yeah, me too. I'm especially interested to learn how singles dating can be affected by the state of the barley crop.

W

• bennyk
    bennyk

Yes. And under the old system, the month does not begin with the calculation of a new moon, but requires an actual sighting of a visible new moon (crescent). In the event of cloud cover, the first of the month was declared on the day following the calculated new moon. Therefore, we also cannot determine the first of the month in advance...

• A&S
    A&S

bennyk ; that is the point ,witnesses do it wrong ,as do Rabbinical Jews . Therefore the celebration is incorrect . When the KM gave next yrs date it really bothered me . They shouldn't even give this yrs date till the barley is aviv .

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Don't you guys know that if the BORG declares the date of the Memorial it must be right.

Never mind that the rest of the world doesn't see it that way. Sheesh....when are ya' gonna' learn?

• White Dove
    White Dove

How pagan of them to try and be exact about the first full moon after Ostara. It has to be after sundown, too. How pagan of them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit