Guys how old were you when appointed anything???

by oompa 32 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

I was 19, a pioneer, and a mini-serve.......first literature, then territory, and account servant at 21.....of course a janitor/window washer too (not that there is anything wrong with that!...it paid well!).....i turned down elder as i am very non-judgemental....but almost did it so i could let everyone off in committees......geeze how i wish i had been in in college gettin laid............oompa undercover inspired this thread btw........

• undercover
    undercover

I was 18 years old when I was first appointed an MS...

...and as I learned in another thread yesterday, slapping the salami must have been a pre-requisite to be able to be appointed...

Hey oompa, great idea for a thread...we shoulda done this yesterday...heh heh

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    geezee how i wish i had been in in college gettin laid............oompa

You mean the whole account servant, and window-washer thing didn't impress the ladies?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Ministerial Servant at 18. When I was 24 years old, at Bethel, two Bethel elders in my congregation gave me a private sink or swim talk.

In other words, if I didn't step up to the plate and advance to elder, taking some of the "burden" from their shoulders, they would prefer that I choose a different congregation to be a Career Ministerial Servant in.

I told them that they were talking nonsense and that I would be a Ministerial Servant for as long as I'd like. Further, as far as me leaving "their" congregation, I told them to have fun speaking with the Service Department at Patterson about that one. I didn't go anywhere.

Bethelites would (almost) routinely be appointed elders at 25 and 26 years old.

-LWT

• undercover
    undercover

Yea...all the hot pioneer babes just waited in line to...

...get their magazines...

• oompa
    oompa

LMAO keezer!.....i had other skilz i cant talk about......hoever undercover...i did lose a gf i wanted to marry to a damm little bit older elder!!!....she was miserable cause he was a bore.......and beat my door down when i got divorced some years later!!!!....sweet.....just swapped spit.....well actually...i did get a bit of boob and crotch..............oompa

• Dune
    Dune

From the ages of 12 to 19, i pretty much did everything a mini-serv would do, but didnt have the title. I would have been appointed if i had gone to a trade school or bethel, but once i graduated from college and everyone knew i wasn't going to bethel, my 'prospects' dried up, lol. At least i wen't to college to get laid though ;-).

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

From 12 on I was did stuff like magazines, MS at 22, elder at 28, out at 39!

Isaac

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

15 years old baptized

16 regular pioneer

20 Ministerial Servant

23 Ministerial Training School

24 Missionary

24 Elder (They appoint as young as 22 in Latin American Countries)

28 Circuit Overseer

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Ha-ha!..I was out before I could be appointed to anything..Although it was talked about.......Back in the day when they still served food..I ran the food concessions and handled the cash but that was about it....

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit