Vote:DO you think the WTBTS will end with a BANG or a WHIMPER

by superman 29 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Double post...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It depends on one's perspective. Most of the world wouldn't even notice if they were gone. They are not significant to anyone but themselves. However, within the bethel compounds, long, agonizing, pig-like squeals will be heard.

W

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Most of the world wouldn't even notice if they were gone. They are not significant to anyone but themselves.

I agree.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

In 2414 the religion will be newlighted so much that 2009 people would barely recognize it. In that year the Watchtower Foundation will launch a sleeper ship to Upsilon Andromedae, a star 44 light years away with a habitable planet. This even will be known as "the Rapture" and the pilgrims awakening at the planet will be known as the first resurrection. They will name the planet Elohim and the largest moon Adonai. The settlers will believe that the second resurrection is figurative, and it is that the personality matrix stored by JHVH-1 will be downloaded to everyone born in the paradise. The Earth left behind will be considered Babylon that the remnant escaped from, and I do not disagree with that assessment. The several splinter groups that stayed behind on Earth will be considered apostates. Outsiders will not be allowed on Elohim, though they will be allowed to dock at a supply depot on Adonai.

And no, I will not be sharing any of this great stuff I have been smoking.

• still_in74
    still_in74

It has always been a whimper. They're only know because of their reputation of annoying people by knocking on their doors on weekends trying and get them to leave their beliefs and join the Watchtower. They really haven't done a whole lot from the time they were founded till now except leave a trail of false prophecy behind them. Only by reading their literature will go get the idea that they big players in the scheme of things.

I often forget that 99.9% know nothing about JW's except that they "bug people on Saturday morning". I remember being out in service and being shocked when I would ask the "house holder" if they had ever read the WT and they would reply that they had never heard of it!

For us here, the JW world is such a large part of our lives/history that we sometimes forget that the world for the most part, has no idea who we are, what we believe, or that we even exist. There is no "gnashing of the teeth" by Christendom by the JW expose of their hypocrasy as Rutherford used to babble on about.
    JW's seem to think that when the "new system" comes the whole world will realize they JW's were right just before the birds come rip apart their bodies to the joy and laughter of 7 million JW's - Yet I suppose 99.9% of the worlds population wouldnt even know what a WT was if you smacked them in the face with one.

So true about reading the WT literature - to them the whole world is talking about JW's, the whole world is sitting around waiting to attack the next "truth" they teach. - perhaps when they publish asinine blood policies the criticism they get is the only "proof" they have that anyone knows they are still around...

• Gregor
    Gregor

It could be both if a video were produced showing two GB members, one BANGing the other while he WHIMPERED.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Thanks gregor that mental image made me wimper... Ugh.

• pseattle2
    pseattle2

It'll be a whimper. Although the end of the WTBTS has already started, there's still a lot of mileage they can get from reinvention, i.e. new light. But the old guard isn't getting any younger. When people my age finally ascend to the absolute power of the Governing Bawdy, they'll have had several years of seeing the original tenets of the 1914 generation get vaporized and become meaningless. And at some point someone's going to say it's time to reinvent the whole template. But they'll do it as they've always done it: gradually, in subtle steps.

But I don't see JW's 100 years from now in the same way they exist today.

The only way it could end with a bang is something catastrophic that will upend their whole belief structure and break through the cognitive dissonance of their followers. It would have to result in the total demoralization of their members. Like Jonestown. I don't see that happening. I do, however, see the probable end of the whole thing, and it's a long way off.

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

hey what if we sent jack bauer after the annointed................ that way if you partake BANG BANG your double tapped............... then they would have died "faithful to the end". then no one could partake since they were all wiped out........... if someone new partakes we keep jack on retainer......... so after four or five years without any partakers.................... no sign of armagedon................... maybe someones eyes will be opened lol.

jk btw they deserve to drown in their own lies, not getting the easy option. i think there will be those who cant afford to open their eyes.......... they have spent 30 or 40 years or more serving the cult waiting for the end of the world that isnt coming......... they have rejected all their family and will not be friends with anyone whos not as brainwashed as they are.............. what do they have to look forward to. this is all they have and they wont start over.

hopefully the new ones wont stay long, and the young ones being brought up in it will see via the evil INTERNETZ and common sense....... along with higher learning......... that its all a load of hooooooeeeeeeeeyyyy

in that aspect i think that it will go out with a whimper, but i would love it so much if the entire cult self destructed internally. not the damn "the goverments are turning on us" that they keep praying for. instead to be ignored as inconsequential by the government while their asses get sued off.

• moshe
    moshe

I knew some elderly JW's who followed Russell's teachings and they were still studying his old books in the 70's. They can hang on another 50 years rehashing the old Watchtowers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit