Vote:Which are worst small town or big city JW's

by superman 13 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

In my experience, small towns especially in those where the congregations were spread far apart. Too inbred. I found that larger congregations in larger cities tended to be more "liberal" as well except for those close to Bethel with elders from Bethel.

But all in all each congregation was a reflection of the elder body and their families.

Blondie

• undercover
    undercover
    One was an especially loving congo, close and caring of one another, while another seemed to suffer from depression. Like depression was contagious and most had gotten it.

I remember one small town congregation that seemed to suffer from depression. Your comment about it being contagious sparked my memory.

The town wasn't that small but it only had one congregation when it probably should have had two or three. They had zero growth. No one, other than children, were ever baptized. No new blood at all. The only new ones were people who moved in and since no one moved into this town on purpose, there weren't any new ones moving in. In ten years the only new people were a special pioneer couple that the Society sent in to try to spark some new interest.

When ever I visited this congregation, at least twice a year, I observed the same thing each time. These people were not a happy group of joyous servants of Jehovah God. There was very little socializing before and after the meeting. Most people came in and took their seat, even with 10 minutes to go before the meeting started. At the last "Amen", people filed out the door. The only time anyone had an energized conversation was when some juicy gossip was being shared...and that usually involved an inactive person, a liquor bottle and the police.

The congregation had the same elders for over twenty years before with no new ones in the foreseeble future. The only pioneers (before the special ones moved in) were older, retired couples and they were just going through the motions. They didn't even have any Bible Studies.

Back when I believed the WT BS, I used to think that Jehovah's spirit was not on this congregation. You could feel the depression as you walked in. Now, I know better...it's just a bunch of people that live in a backwater town and are stuck in a backwater religion with no distractions from their miserable existence. Of course they're depressed. After one meeting with them, I was depressed too.

• oompa
    oompa

too funny blondie!...i was going to use the word "inbred" in my post, but did not want to offend our WV friends...lol......but seriously....small towns sometimes have three families that make up nearly the ENTIRE congo!....but larger cities are so much more diverse....PLUS...the small towns have little growth....while big city have hot chicks moving in and out like a sex machine............oomps

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

... Small Towns.. I`ve been all over..Small towns are the absolute worst!! ..You should get a Banjo,the minute you walk into a small town Kingdom Hall..LOL!!

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit