Birthdays, ISOCF

by compound complex 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• compound complex
    compound complex

While placing intense emphasis on the "pagan origin" factor, the Watch Tower organization simply glosses over this in other areas, as in the use of wedding rings. Their own publication WHAT HAS RELIGION DONE FOR MANKIND? (1951), pages 276, 277, quotes Catholic cardinal Newman as saying that, along with such things as the use of temples. incence, candles, etc., "the ring in marriage" is among those things that are "of pagan origin, and sanctified by their adoption into the Church." [51] Yet almost all of Jehovah's Witnesses use the "ring in marriage," something their own publication reveals as "of pagan origin." [ibid., page 274]

footnote:

51 ESSAY ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE,

John Henry Newman (1878), pages 355, 371, 373, Edition of 1881.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

While I was fading, a friend of mine gave me the idea to give my Mom a present, on my birthday. A twisted and yet very appropriate way to commemorate the day, I thought. Somehow, my dear Mom who was still an active Witness thought this was a grand idea. (She is gone now, and I am so glad I did this.)

Love,
    Baba

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Baba:

What a beautiful twist!

Thanks for sharing.

Love,

CoCo

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I always thought the line of reasoning used by the WT on this was very very weak. The bastards owe me a lot of presents.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They didn't look at Luke 2:10-14 as celebrating Jesus' birthday (by definition, Christmas also). Yet, if one is going to take the Bible as the witlesses claim to, one must conclude that this constitutes the first Christmas celebration. And yet, one does not hear of the angels being punished for that "wicked act of celebrating a birthday or Christmas". These angels were right in God's immediate presence, and would certainly have been busted.

As I have noted before, there is nothing wrong with not abiding by the Bible. But to claim you abide strictly by it, even that you have the monopoly on abiding by the Bible, and then not doing so, is nothing short of a fraud and a scam.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Outlaw stated that "The Bible says..The Angels rejoiced when Jesus was born..The angels celebrated the Birth of Jesus.....The WBT$ would disfellowship God`s own Angels if given the chance"

But that is not true. There is great joy and celebration about a birth, they come visiting at the hospital and at home, bring gifts etc., so you should not mix up births and later anniversaries and make a lot of fuzz around what is in effect your false or twisted understanding.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah another bull crap law!

• Coheedandcambria
    Coheedandcambria

I was recently re instated into the congregation for family reasons, as I was only 15 at the time of my DF'ing and 17 when I decided to move back home andwalk the walk for my parents. But my 18th birthday was in January, and I went to celebrate at an old friends house and pictures were posted on a certain website and certain people told certain servants of the JW congregation, and now i am up for what my parents like to call.. "Disciplinary Review".

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Coheedandcambri

Care to share your story with us? I would be interested to hear. Many here would love to give you whatever support you need. If you prefer to speak privately pm me.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Old Hippy..

Outlaw stated that "The Bible says..The Angels rejoiced when Jesus was born..The angels celebrated the Birth of Jesus.....The WBT$ would disfellowship God`s own Angels if given the chance"

But that is not true...Actually it is true............................................................. There is great joy and celebration about a birth, they come visiting at the hospital and at home, bring gifts etc.Thats very true,also true for the birth of Jesus....................................., so you should not mix up births and later anniversaries and make a lot of fuzz..If you can Celebrate a birth,there is no reason not to celebrate the anniversary of something you`ve already celebrated..LOL!!................................................ around what is in effect your false or twisted understanding...My reasoning is false and twisted?..Say`s who?..The WBT$..The same organization that has never gotten anything right?..LOL!!

Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit