Beat to Hell.......were you as a child as a JW?

by restrangled 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• restrangled
    restrangled

There was a scripture about a rod.......It seemed to be in every other watchtower.....It was an excuse to beat children. I was a little girl. I was beat with my pants down every time they could. Can you imagine beating a little girl ?

My little brothers were beat worse. I could hear their agony through the heating grates as they got beat. One of my little brothers at the age of 4 rode his little bike over a major road at the time. My mom was panicked. A JW neighbor called saying he arrived and had come to visit. My mom picked him up and I remember her beating the shit out of him over her bed. She beat him bad, and I watched or heard...good lord I don't remember, but there was so much hatred involved.

Evil, frustration, and hatred. I was 5 and watched him get beat. I didn't understand.

In reality..MONSTERS to children created by the Society.....I've got many worse stories during meetings!!!!!!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I was born in a mexican household so I got beat alot. Non-JW

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

To be fair, your monster parents were not "created" by the WTBTS; they were no doubt "created" by their own family upbringing combined with society's expectations of parents.

My own father once whipped me with a bicycle chain. Then made me sit and read Watchtowers as further punishment, lol.

The JW religion did nothing to give our parents a more sophisticated, loving, less violent way to parent; nor did it do anything to instill in them a recognition that there even was a more sophisticated, loving, less violent way to parent.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Restrangled..I can remember as a toddler getting taken out of the Kingdom Hall, to the parking lot and getting a beating..It was so bad the people inside the Kingdom Hall complained about it later..They could hear me screaming from the frigg`n parking lot!!............JW parents are nuts!!.....Who beats the sh*t out of a baby?..Baby 3.

Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Like the others above I have to agree that abusive parents wiould have been abusive whether they were JWs or not. My mother beat the crap out of akk ofus. I had my last strapping when I was 17 shortly before I married.

For my mother being a JW just gave her the permission to beat us - after all, was now approved by God and beat us she did all 5 of us

• John Doe
    John Doe

I had some pretty stern spankings, but I would not call them beatings.

• dinah
    dinah

I got pinched during meetings sometimes.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I deserved everyone I got. They were spankings, though. Switches, fly swatters and leather belts. Never abuse. I didn't understand/respect anything less than a spanking.

• Farkel
    Farkel

The Watchtower Society actually encourages beating children as I point out in this article:

BEAT That Child!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/15771/1/BEAT-that-Child

Farkel

• dogon
    dogon

I have heard talks about how it is your duty to give the "rod" to your children. I can not say I was beat but there were times that in todays world I could have had my parents arrested. I was emotionaly tortured. I can remember talks where the speaker slammed the idea that children have rights. He said that children have no rights. My parents would say that we kids were bad, not good enough ect. I can still remember the little red head 3 yo who sat in front of me at a sunday meeting. She was as good as gold, and her mother had to smack her just for some non existant infraction every 1/2 hour or so. I told my wife who has parents in the cult that if they die I will not step inside a cult hall again even if there was a pot of money with my name on it inside. I went to my mothers funeral at a cult hall and did it for respect to my parent but that was the end. Never again, they have stolen the last second of my life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit