who do you know died because of blood issue?

by target 11 Replies latest watchtower medical

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Wow, this is such a sad topic! I too can't believe that I had 3 major surgeries and signed those damn papers stuck in my face by my local liason posse every damn time. Makes me sick now to think of it. My husbands grandfather died a few years back because of not taking a blood transfusion. He had severe diverticulitis and lost a huge amount of blood through an intestinal hemmorage. They tried using blood expanders, but they had no affect. He also suffered from a blood disorder due to arsenic exposure as a child so his red blood cells did not produce as quickly as they were supposed to. So because of this large blood loss (Which was controlled quickly once in the hospital) his heart basically became starved of oxygen, as there were simply not enough red blood cells to carry the O2 to his poor starved heart which gave out. So sad that a simple transfusion would have saved him quite easily.

If they aren't blood guilty for these uncounted masses dying I don't know who would be!

Sick, sick, sick!

betweenworlds

• Roo
    Roo

I have a relative who passed away after the doctors (at several hospitals) determined that a heart operation to fix a major heart valve could not be performed without blood because of several complicating factors. While the chances for a successful surgery were slim, wasn't 40% better than no chance at all? He "remained faithful" to the organization and they were all camped out in the waiting room to support his decision of blood refusal along with his wife. The doctors released him to hospice care at home where he lived approximately two more months before passing away in March of this year. I miss him everyday.

I am a registered nurse in intensive care and am amazed that I myself used to sign papers refusing blood for my physicians. I administered my first transfusion three months ago to a beautiful premature newborn who had an infection that was literally destroying his platelets. It was a strange feeling at first to be on the other side explaining to his mother why it was vital that he receive this transfusion to save his life. His mom came by for a visit this week and I am happy to report that he is a very happy and healthy boy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit