Noting discrepancies in Watchtower publications.

by Pallbearer 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pallbearer
    Pallbearer

Here is a link that shows two pages out of the May 1, 1999 Watchtower, pages 17 and 18.

http://www.geocities.com/thewatchtowerstudy/wt050199p17-18.htm

In looking at what is supposed to be the same wild beast, do you see a difference between the one shown on page 17 in comparison to the one shown on the following page?

The difference I see is that the heads of the beast in the first image are all lion's heads, whereas the heads in the second image are all leopard's heads (notice the spots).

Be reminded that these images are in the same magazine.

Something like this might seem to be of little significance to many people. But me being a person that is interested in accurately understanding the Bible's symbols in every detail, this caught my eye.

Whoever was responsible for putting these two pages together in order to have them published in the Watchtower obviously failed to notice the discrepency.

Did you ever notice this discrepancy before?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

THAT is the least of their issues. They did this while actively promoting the UN agenda as part of the public information office. Hypocrites.

Something kind of funny, they are trying to make the UN/League of nations connection to the Beast(which connection they are NOT alone in making. incidentally) while they were public information office! (Being in the DPI of the UN).

I appreciate irony when I see it.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I liked the illustration in the 1963 "Babylon the Grape Has Fallen, God's Kingdom Rocks!" book best of all: the "whore" showed a lot of cleavage!

Sorry.....

Farkel

• parakeet
    parakeet

"Did you ever notice this discrepancy before?"

Lions and leopards and lies, oh my!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Does the bible specify what animal the heads are supposed to look like?

Here are some more contradictions I compiled a few years ago.

• Pallbearer
    Pallbearer

"Does the bible specify what animal the heads are supposed to look like?"

Excellent question!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I remember the english edition of 1978

"Resurrected each to his own Place" -

On the cover were white europeans with tears pouring down their faces. Inside the mag the same picture appeared in the "blacked up" version for Africa tears pouring down faces that had charcoal rubbed over them. I had just "placed " it with a schoolmate - boy was i laughed at.

Actually I would be interested to see the differences between illustrations by continent.

HB

• undercover
    undercover

Maybe a leapord can change its spots...

• Borgia
    Borgia

So the WT depicts the UN as being able to eat religion for breakfast.........

Given the current movement on the antii defamtion of religion thing it seems quite the contrary...........the WT is making the UN stronger than they are now......

rebel8: page= bookmarked. good stuff.

Cheers

Borgia

• steve2
    steve2

You're on a sure path to Lake Gullibility if you are hanging out for a definitively consistent depiction by any human of the superstitious imagery in an ancient text by any human!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit