Wii fit

by John Doe 18 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

Walking for 30-60 minutes per day will give the same results.

Anything that keeps you motivated and entertained at the same time is accomplishing its purpose. Yes, walking will accomplish the same thing--no one is disputing this. In fact, brisk walking will accomplish the same fitness goals a personal trainer will, and is one of the healthiest exercises a person can do. I don't see the guy's point, other than wanting to bellyache?

• inkling
    inkling
    Anything that keeps you motivated and entertained at the same time is accomplishing its purpose. Yes, walking will accomplish the same thing--no one is disputing this.

Yeah, his criticism is lame.

The point is that almost no one DOES walk an hour every day.
    if they DID, they would already be "fit"

What we DO, is sit on our ass all day and play video games.
    (This is known as "The American Dream")

[inkling]

• Simon
    Simon

We have a Wii fit ... it is useful - not because it's terrific excercise in itself but because it helps keep you motivated to do more and progress and provide feedback of your progress along the way.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

We have one and it's great. I personally like the tennis and bowling though - you can put yourself into it if you really like! There's going to be a Wii bowling challenge at some place down the road for a seniors group so I say good for them! Enjoy! sammieswife.

• blondie
    blondie

I saw some on sale at Walmart and I'm tempted to get it for our exercise room...........

• Berean
    Berean

I've been a fan of Wii Fit since seeing this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v31qxrXsxv0&feature=channel_page

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

inkling and jd...

you did see where I said the guy has a "biased, vested interest" did I not? The guy is a personal trainer, owns 2 gyms, contracts other trainers to work in his gyms, and is a public speaker....I would say he has a huge financial interest in "belly aching" about the Wii....lol

I have never used a wii anything... I dont have video games.

I agree with Simon..the motivation thing is the useful thing from what I can see.

I have a gym membership and it is one mile from my house...and I rarely go since dropping the trainer...even though my favorite coffee shop is in the same shopping center.....

Snakes ()

• White Dove
    White Dove

My daughter has a Wii Sports and actually builds up quite a sweat playing it.

• White Dove
    White Dove

She also works off a lot of stress playing it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit