The name Jehovah and the April Study edition of the Watchtower

by seek2find 27 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It makes me sick. Lets just assume for a moment that everything the GB says about the tetragrammaton is true.

Jehovah really is the name of god for the Israelites.

Where does Jesus plainly say to worship and acknowledge the god of the Hebrews? Where does he give the name?

It simply is not there. At best, it calls into question the power that this god claims he posseses.

I know others might have come across their personal JW epiphany differerenly then me, but truthfully, this very logical question has been and it seems, cannot be answered, that jarred my brain awake is:

If "Jehovah/Yahweh/YHWH" is the powerful god, jealous for his name, how is it that both "Satan" and other imperfect humans have succsefully had more power then "Jehovah/Yahweh/YHWH" by somehow keeping that name hidden or lost?

Or could it be more likely that "Jehovah/Yahweh/YHWH" is nothing more then the tribal god of the Jews?

For all the bullshit that has been given about gods name, no one can argue that Jesus is way more well known then Jehovah, and for that matter, Satan too.

It is cynical and manipulative how the GB uses the name of Jehovah. As usual, that name isn't for you.

• seek2find
    seek2find

This apostate (ME) would like this question answered. Listen up people at Bethel if you are listening. Why, if the name Jehovah is so important did the apostle Paul not use it even one time in his letter to the Phillipians as printed in the NWT? If an elder or some good witness today wrote a spititualy encouraging letter even a 3rd the length of Phillipians and didn't use the name Jehovah at least once, he would be viewed as wierd at least, and maybe even apostate. In all, seven of the Apostalic letters in the NWT do not contain the name Jehovah. Why? And also as mentioned, why did Jesus never use the name in any of his prayers including the model prayer? seek2find

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

April 15 WT p6 par 15

"Satan was the first creature to turn apostate. Modern day apostates display characteristics similar to those of the Devil. their mind may be poisoned by a critical attitude toward individuals in the congregation, Christian elders or the Governing Body. Some apostates oppose the use of the divine name Jehovah. They are not interested in learning about Jehovah or in serving him. Like their father Satan, apostates target people of integrity. No wonder servants of Jehovah avoid all contact with them !"
  • oompa
    oompa
    Wobble: we know that Almighty God does not give a flying **** about the name Jehovah,if He did ,he wouldn't allow it to be attached to a large publishing company in N.Y who never teach the truth!

My contention is that if "he cared a flying **** about the name Jehovah....THEN HE WOULD NEVER HAVE ALLOWED SATAN AND HIS APOSTATES TO MAGICALLY REMOVE IT FROM EVERY ANCIENT GREEK COPY OF THE CHRISTIAN SCRIPTURES!!!!!!.........geeze how stupid.............oompa

another point is that if satan was hell bent on destroying all Christians....he would have removed the name JESUS CHRIST from the Bible....it also makes NO SENSE that he would leave the name Jehovah in the OT nearly 7000 times...yet remove it 237 times from the NT!!!!!

• oompa
    oompa

AllTimeJeff...those J versions drive me NUTS!...and so few dubs even know about them!....So WT's agument is that if other people could spuriously add the name Jehovah...then we can too!?!?!?...just an awful and stupid reason!!!...Did they tell you at Gilead that those writers of the J version way back when had an AGENDA for doing so??....it was to make Christianity more apealing to Jews!!....much easier to convert them if you drag their God Jehovah kicking and screaming into Christianity!....lmao.....oompa

• sir82
    sir82
    Jesus didn't even use the Divine Name in his model prayer. Shows you how much he thought about throwing the name around at every turn.

A typical prayer from one our ministerial servants:

"We thank you, Jehovah, for this meeting we've enjoyed, Jehovah, and we also thank you, Jehovah, for this opportunity to serve you, Jehovah, and Jehovah, we pay that you will remember our brothers, Jehovah, in lands where there is persecution, Jehovah, and please strengthen them, Jehovah, to endure..."

Fortunately he talks really fast & is usually done in under a minute. Any more of that and I'd have to strngle him.

• stillin
    stillin

what is the "J" version? Exactly...

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Alvin Boyd Kuhn, in a lecture 100 years ago, explained that Jesus and Jehovah derive from the two letters—

consonants not vowels—I (Yeh) and O (oo), which in the beginning of writing symbolized the two elements,

spirit and matter, male and female, into which the primal One Life bifurcated. The I symbolises a phallus, the

male or spirit, and the O symbolises the vagina or womb, the female or material universe. Together they

represented the biune male-female deity, Yeho. We have, then, the letters IO.

...when the symbol I began to be used as a pure vowel, it was replaced as a consonant by J (as it is in Latin),

so that we find the names JO, JA, JE and JU.

When the male and female which emerged from the Primal Creation had given birth to the Son or Logos, the

first trinity was formed and the written name of the threefold god was expressed as three letters yielding

names like IAO, JAH, IEO, JEU, ZUE. Observation of another vowel sound brought the number to four matching

the four cardinal points, the square of four dimensions, and the four elements, so the holy name was spelled

variously as IEOU, JOVE, ZEUS, JEVE, DIOS, (TH)EOS, HUHI, IHUH and others.

Finally, the early priestly linguistic discoveries were brought to a halt with the agreement that five vowel sounds

sufficed. Thus we got IEOUA, pronounced as Yehouah, as the name of god. This is Jehovah, the V being

properly a W, pronounced as a long O sound (OO) as it is in the alternative written form Yahweh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit