Are there any Anglicans/Espiscopalians on board?

by Athanasius 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

After leaving the JWs I started attending Episcopal services and in 1991 was confirmed in the Church. Maximus, who used to post here, also became an Episcopalian after leaving the JWs. Are there any others here who became Anglican or Episcopalian after their Watchtower experience?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I was raised in the Episcopal Church. I wasn't confirmed until three years ago. I am very glad I was raised in such a healthy, spiritual place. I am also very glad to have returned.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

FHN!! I was trying to remember her name for this thread. I hope that someday Anglicans and Catholics can share communion together as one.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Burn, I hope so, too. Catholics are welcome to share communion in the Anglican churches. And on occasions, Catholic priests can give communion to Episcopalians, though not Church of England. My therapist is a Dominican Nun and tells me to come and take communion at Marywood. She's Catholic. I'd do it at Marywood. The Catholic Information Center in Grand Rapids is very ecumenical with the Episcopal Churches here. And we have many priests who used to Roman Catholic.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

OrangFatCat has just been confirmed into the Canadian Anglican Church.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hello Athanasius:

In my case, the exact opposite. Episcopalian first, JW later.

Ironic, too, that a Kingdom Hall in my home town has become a Unitarian Universalist Fellowship. Not the same, of course, but interesting.

Thanks.

CoCo

• beksbks
    beksbks

I always thought if I was ever going to join another church, it would be Episcopalian. Unfortunately there's that belief in god thing.........

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hey, Cokola, you should come back to the faith. Take a walk on the wild side. Many Episcopalians are universalists now.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, FHN!

Is the UUF similar to Episcopal? Where I live now they are across the street from each other. So there must be some distinction.

In my situation, the wild side has to be elsewhere!

CoKola Incognito

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Unitarians and Episcopalians are about the only churches I would consider associating with, for different reasons...... My wife grew up Episcopalian, and there are some noble advancements this Anglican group has made from other cave man type Christian groups....

Unitarians? They love and accept EVERYBODY! lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit