Press Release

by JohnJBB123 30 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

John, very good but I did notice some typos. If you send it to me via e-mail attachment, I can proof it for you.

• JohnJBB123
    JohnJBB123

Farkel,

This type of thing apparently happens a lot. I have heard of things that suggest that there is a secret set JW elder rules somewhere. For example, my friend, who is still JW, was DF'd. The elders turned down is reinstatement request letter because he did not underline his Wachtower in peparation for the Watchtower Study. My friend was not following supposed "theocratic order."

• Room 215
    Room 215

John, Fark, et al,

Sadly, the bottom line with elders is that they hold all the cards; rank-and-file JWs are conditioned to think in terms of ``obligations'' instead of rights. Given the judicial system's abhorrence of intervening in religious disputes, the local tyrants have pretty much a free hand to bludgeon anyone into submission in the name of ``preserving theocratic order.''

Basically, the courts' attitude vis-a-vis religion and their regimes of internal discipline puts the onus on the prospective convert to exercise due diligence BEFORE he signs on the dotted line; if he suffers any consequences from a failure to do so, then tough, that's just too bad.

What's so frustrating about this is that you just know that if Brooklyn would get its nose bloodied in court and get slapped with a large monetary award just once-just once-- the current draconian DF policies would be be vaporised -- Poof! -- in a brilliant flash of ``new light'' draped in appropriately sanctimonious WT language about ``appreciating the spirit of The Prodigal Son.''

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Doug, believe me, it does happen. I am living proof. I am not going to put the details here for the world to read but it does happen.

"I don't want someone in my life I can live with, I want someone in my life I can't live without."

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

John B.,

Much better job. Let bluesapphire proof it for you, and you should be on your way. Again, my apologies for being so rough on you with the original of this.

And Room 215, you're right. I met a DF'd old friend yesterday who has been totally put through the shit mill by some arrogant elders. He's even been attending meetings for the past year, and elders in the cong. where he's attending asked him to write a letter for reinstatment. When it went back to the committee in his old cong., they still are giving him crap about it - for no real reason except the self-righteous pricks want to keep on making an example of him.

There are parts of that org. that I've come to hate.
    S4

• JohnJBB123
    JohnJBB123

Room 215

I know what you are saying, but I have done some research that may help otherwise. One of my ex-JW friends was a paralegal. There are several cases documented where churches were sued because of causing mental damage. Also the American Family Foundation has an American Bar Association Report entitled: "Cults in American Society: a Legal Analysis of Undue Influence, fraud and Misrepresentation." Suing the WTS can be done, but it is very hard to do. If every ex-JW were to unite and indivudually start a law suit against the WTS, they may think twice about doing some of the abuses they have done in the past

• Berean
    Berean

: She was DF'd for dating a non JW. Her dating a non JW supposedly gave the mere appearance of evil.
    : This type of thing apparently happens a lot. I have heard of things that suggest that there is a secret set JW elder rules somewhere. For example, my friend, who is still JW, was DF'd. The elders turned down is reinstatement request letter because he did not underline his Wachtower in peparation [sic] for the Watchtower Study. My friend was not following supposed "theocratic order."

This is the type of accusation that allow the WBTS to keep active members under control. They point to rumors like this to argue that opposers of the WBTS are dreaming up stories to make them look bad. The thing about being df for dating wouldn't stand up in a judicial appeal to the Society.

A "secret set JW elder rules somewhere" is fantasy and is completely unfounded. Look at the "Flock" book (the big boys hate it when you refer to the Elders manual that way), is there really anything in there that hasn't been printed somewhere in the magazines? The closest thing to "non printed" rules is the verbal instructions that the CO's pass on from the "hard nosed" boys at Bethel. Not being reinstated for failing to underline the WT for meetings is the way absolutistic religions and its zealots control the masses.

: And Room 215, you're right. I met a DF'd old friend yesterday who has been totally put through the shit mill by some arrogant elders. He's even been attending meetings for the past year, and elders in the cong. where he's attending asked him to write a letter for reinstatment. When it went back to the committee in his old cong., they still are giving him crap about it - for no real reason except the self-righteous pricks want to keep on making an example of him.
    I fought this same attitude as an elder. Everyone in the local congregations wonder why I stepped aside. The Watchtower walls are hard indeed . . . my head still hurts.

Berean

• JohnJBB123
    JohnJBB123

Berean,

I have interviewed too many former JWs (although I am a former JW myself) to agree with what you state at the beginning of you post. Also it does not matter what someone does, the WTS will persist in attacking the so-called enemy.
    Despite this I would like to hear of you experiences as an elder

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

A class-action suit seems remote however a preponderence of individual civil and human rights violation cases may support a request for a compromise remedy for all organizations that actively proselytize. That remedy would take the form of a full disclosure statement. In the case of Jehovah's Witnesses disclosure would be made at the "door" and in all public advertisements. Perhaps something along these lines: DISCLOSURE STATEMENT: The rules and articles of the congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses may supersede certain civil and human rights that you now have . By becoming a member you agree to forfeit these rights. Please see the following publications regarding the congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses and your Human and Civil Rights: ETC.

• JohnJBB123
    JohnJBB123

Siddhashunyata,

Could elaborate on this supposed disclosure statement. Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit