Press Release

by JohnJBB123 30 Replies latest jw friends

• JohnJBB123
    JohnJBB123

December 4, 2001
    For immediate release:

A national human rights organization is taking Jehovah's Witnesses to task for claiming to support human rights while denying them to members.

Approaches to Education, Inc., a Arizona based human rights group, went public this week about its concerns that the Jehovah's Witness religion claims to support the UN Declaration of Human Rights while at the same time that it denies those rights to its members

“While Jehovah's Witnesses claim to be crusaders for freedom of religion and human rights, and in favor of religious tolerance, this is not what they practice within the group,” states John B. Brown, the executive director of Approaches to Education, Inc, “Individual members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses are not allowed to question their religious beliefs, because this questioning may elicit a punitive response by the religion’s leaders. If the member decides to just resign his or her membership with Jehovah’s Witnesses, the response is also punitive. The only other way to leave is quietly; hoping to be simply considered an ‘inactive’ Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

These affronts to basic human rights need to be addressed

Call Approaches To Education, Inc. at (520) 661-8417 to obtain a copy of our report.

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

If this is true , it is right on target! We have here, the Achilles heel !

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello JohnJBB123,

a nice bit of information,

Please,could you elaborate more on this?

The statement are reflecting a real situation,

among the JW's although today it is even difficult

to "...slowly becoming inactive ...", for the simple

reason the you'll start receiving calls...to encourage

to come back to the fold or to see if you may be categorized

among the - dangerous, almost apostate tipe - and so start

procedures against you to disfellowship you even if you don't

appear in front of those so called - judicial committees -!!

So much for the defense of individual human rights!!!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• avengers
    avengers

Would it be possible to post a scan of this release? I have more to add, but first elaborate more on this please. Good Job!!!

"Few are they that look through their own eyes and feel with their own heart"
    A Einstein
  • JohnJBB123
    JohnJBB123

MacHislop

Some of these things have happened to others before. I know of personally once incident where one siblings tried to leave quietly. The brother go away with it, but the sister did not. She was DF'd for dating a non JW. Her dating a non JW supposedly gave the mere appearance of evil. I am an inactive JW. So is my mother. No one cared to come around when my mother left. Some kept coming to see me. I would not answer the door. I got away with it. It is very hard to leave the JWs but people hae slowly and quietly left. Thoae people got away. These are the three options available to onw who wants to leave the JWs. Those who qietly leave and got away with it are lucky. I was lucky. Some are not so lucky

• JohnJBB123
    JohnJBB123

Avengers,

I do not have a scanner right now. Also, what would you add? This is only a press release. We have the full report available if you want it

• sf
    sf

I request a copy please.

Nelly, may this be sent to you then you send it to me?

Thank you, sKally

• Farkel
    Farkel

: She was DF'd for dating a non JW. Her dating a non JW supposedly gave the mere appearance of evil.

That doesn't quite ring true to me. Not to say that some renegade elders didn't actually do it, but I'm not aware that dating a non JW was an offense meriting disfellowshiping.

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Here is a post on the subject of "The Watchtower Society and Human Rights":

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=6254&site=3

Ginny

• sf
    sf

Hello John,

Nelly has allowed me to receive this thru her addy:

< [email protected]