Doesn't this quote ring a bell?

by WingCommander 23 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

If reading that quote doesn't cause a JW to think nothing will.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Wing Commander, thank you for this quote. True words indeed.

And Beta Male said:

its painful to read that. me and my wife watched a documentary on jonestown. i cried, she went to sleep.

Beta, reading that hurt. It is amazing how deep the denial can go, and unfortunately I speak from experience. Hang in there.

Love,
    Baba.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

<edit feature went nuts>

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Did the "paste" key get stuck?

With regard to the quote being discussed, all I can say is "WOW!!!" As weird as the BORG is getting it would not surprise me if some sort or a Jonestown scenario developed. It is difficult to say just how, but they have really become a lot more strange in the last 10 years.

• oompa
    oompa

this is all good....tag for later....loved your quotes too jerry..........oompa

• Pineapple
    Pineapple

in my lifeitme i think the big changes have been since about 2002 with the new tms book and format. since then they have been cleverly manipulating the format of all the old lititure and way the meetings are structured. and there really hasnt been any "omg this is new light" moments apart froma few minor details that they throw in now and then. i think its all about trying to make it apper to blind jws that they are prepareing to enter the new system and that everything will need to be changed. Its all hipe! nothing to solidify a persons faith. just to keep you tethered with a change here and there.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

my first time reading that quote; and I agree - truer words have never been spoken.

Thanks

• parakeet
    parakeet

Wing Commander, can you tell me the source of that quote? Without a source that can be verified (a book, TV interview, etc.), "my" dubs will say I made it up. Thanks.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Marked.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

bookmarked, please share this quote.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit