Blood Suit

by Kenneson 11 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

https://www.azsos.gov/Adv_Dir/HCD/Questions.htm

10. Must physicians honor Living Wills, Advance Directives, and a health care surrogate’s
    decisions?

Yes, doctors and other health care providers are legally obligated to follow your Advance Directive.

• recovering
    recovering

You are correct rebel health care providers are legally obligated to follow Advance Directives. In most jurisdictions ethical violations such as failure to obtain informed consent is considered malpractice. That is why I question the validity of her claim. If indeed she was treated with the administration of a blood transfusion without her consent it would be pretty easy to prove. All that would be required is for her to subpoena her medical records. In the absense of a consent form for the blood transfusion and proof that she indeed was administered blood, a battery would have occured. A battery is always an actionable offense.( at least that is what I was taught as a healthcare provider)

Again something about this story bugs me. By the way Arizona has a statute which requires A good cause hearing is held to determine if there is a basis for a case to proceed to trial.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit